Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very doom and gloom on my behalf, but if Moshiri gives the fraud £100m to spend, how long until he gets fed up and we become Villa?

Please just sack him. Even if we win the cup. He has to go.

That is what worries me about Kenwright's influence. It is Moshiri's money so he should ultimately be the one who calls the shots. This is a once in a generational opportunity for Everton. I don't want Kenwright trying sway Moshiri's judgement on nothing more than emotion.

They had one mate who went by an English name instead, Brendan Rogers. He had them performing a hell of a lot better than Martinez has us performing, whilst sprouting the exact same nonsense before and after every game.

He did an awful lot less to get the sack, yet our man is still here and has Kenwright's backing.
At least Rodgers made use of having a top quality striker. When he lost Suarez they went down to 7th. With Lukaku we're in 12th. Imagine how bad it's going to get when we lose him.

This is a league of 38 games. And I'm basing my decision on over 38 games (The 38+ last year too). Are you actually criticising those who don't become Martinez fans again on the basis of beating a few teams (We've only beaten Newcastle at home since ?November).
I would be delighted with an FA cup win, something thats only happened twice in my lifetime, I subjectively believe he is not the man to take Everton forward on the objective evidence of poor league performance over a season and two thirds.

Yesterday from top to bottom we were terrible, which is even MORE damning of the manager.
I'm saying if you want improvement then you judge that improvement and look at games in context. We'd have sacked Kendall on his first couple of years so it's best to stay open minded even if you are convinced it will take a miracle to change your mind.
That's the point I got to with Howard a long time ago and the temptation is then to go looking for evidence rather than look at the context. But really you should be holding your hands up and saying I don't care what happens now and not pretend you are looking for improvement and are watching each match in context.

Dean Saunders just called Martinez a great manager who just needs the money to spend to bring in the players he wants.....Good Lord, pundits don't half talk some crap....

That's been the big difference this season, the media have no problem with Everton underachieving, so no pressure has been put on Martinez.....yet Rodgers was hounded out by the media at Liverpool, Moyes was hounded out by the media at United (just like LVG is now)....and all these same pundits & journalists still constantly support Martinez, and criticize Everton fans for their negative reaction to performances....

Let's not give any credit to what okeefe says. He's another one who sits there and hasn't said anything about the shambolic mismanagement of this club year after year.

Writes pointless articles that talk about Osman going go karting.

He's been one of those "trusted" journos for years now and when he sticks in with an insult like that it means something

That is what worries me about Kenwright's influence. It is Moshiri's money so he should ultimately be the one who calls the shots. This is a once in a generational opportunity for Everton. I don't want Kenwright trying sway Moshiri's judgement on nothing more than emotion.

You don't earn £1.3 billion and keep it by letting someone else steer an investment of yours without having executive oversight.

If Moshiri wants him gone, it's the only decision happening. His deliberately blank, say nothing reaction to Kenwright tired and emotionally saying "what a manager" on an in-house interview rather said it all

I'm saying if you want improvement then you judge that improvement and look at games in context. We'd have sacked Kendall on his first couple of years so it's best to stay open minded even if you are convinced it will take a miracle to change your mind.
That's the point I got to with Howard a long time ago and the temptation is then to go looking for evidence rather than look at the context. But really you should be holding your hands up and saying I don't care what happens now and not pretend you are looking for improvement and are watching each match in context.
What? The context is that we are getting worse and worse as the seasons progress. Delineate where the improvement has been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back