Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More defensively solid would be good. Although only conceding twice in a handful of games didn't seem to shift plenty of people's views at all. So it is still all subjective. I thought we were poor all over the pitch yesterday but it wasn't typical. Still we know who'll be singled out by some and who won't.

This is a league of 38 games. And I'm basing my decision on over 38 games (The 38+ last year too). Are you actually criticising those who don't become Martinez fans again on the basis of beating a few teams (We've only beaten Newcastle at home since ?November).
I would be delighted with an FA cup win, something thats only happened twice in my lifetime, I subjectively believe he is not the man to take Everton forward on the objective evidence of poor league performance over a season and two thirds.

Yesterday from top to bottom we were terrible, which is even MORE damning of the manager.

But look at where Moshiri has come from... His experience of being part of a football club so far comes from Arsenal - who just like us, don't change managers, even when you could argue they should have, since they haven't won the league in a decade+
You have a point regarding their form, however at Arsenal him and his friend Usmanov were relatively small components in the club's hierarchy.

They owned a 30% percentage of the club (15% each), so overall they were a minority compared to that of Kroenke thus a small influence.

Here he has a strong financial input and as such will have a much greater influence over board decisions; his personal desires will be significant.

If he wants the club to succeed (to help generate a return on his income) and retain our assets, he may see Martinez as a stumbling block.

Imagine if he was managing like this at Anfield. We'd all be pissing ourselves at this fraud.

They had one mate who went by an English name instead, Brendan Rogers. He had them performing a hell of a lot better than Martinez has us performing, whilst sprouting the exact same nonsense before and after every game.

He did an awful lot less to get the sack, yet our man is still here and has Kenwright's backing.

Does anyone actually think he'll get the sack though?

Cause I don't.
Yes I think he will get canned. I thought this last year and said so, he has proven he cannot get a team to play consistently.
We have a very good squad and he has wasted this season, I was for him going at the end of last season, but reconsidered due to time in, and him being a nice bloke. In his favour he has made some good signings and I wish he would stay on as a talent spotter or some other title, that keeps him at the club bringing in new faces.

I think he will be replaced at the end of this season, it may happen if we get knocked out of the cup and have nothing left to play for, either way I see him as defeated and on his way out. I hope we win the fa cup and more importantly the derby, however what is more important for Martinez is to string a few wins together over the last several games, this is what he will be assessed on, and I believe he is incapable of doing this

The manager has a tendency to have players on the bench who arent ready. Coleman recently, and even Barry. The manager said he couldnt come on against West Ham any earlier than 88 minutes.

Because with Martinez mate it's all style over substance, smoke and mirrors, look at that strong bench - looks brilliant - until the moment we have to use it ofc then not so good, numerous times this season we have had players on the bench not ready, not fit, where is this martinez trusting in youth? can you remember any youth player the past 5-6 months making the becnh, never mind being brought on in a game.

As for Naisse - yeah i have my well publicised doubts on him, but he is on the bench - we are losing 2-0 in a game and the manager thinks it's not the right time to bring him on as a sub?

Exactly why is he on the bench for? - to bring on if we are 2-0 up against Arsenal - well we saw how that worked out last time didn't we?, to bring on when we are 2-0 down - well obviously not as we where and he didn't use him, to bring him on in a tight game - well the previous two examples would suggest that wouldnt be when he got used either... So exactly why is Naisse on the bench other than to try to avoid questions from the media/fans as to why we have paid 14m for a player who isn't injured - has been at the club 2 months now and is deemed not able to play in a game

Also sick to death of his bs on players - it's gone past the point it's even remotely amusing anymore, Deulofeu has a massive part to play in the run in to the end of the season - yeah so massive that he comes on with 15 left when we have been 2-0 down and creating absolutely nothing all game - why not half time make a change - isntead of being 2-0 down and bringing on a cb ffs, not only that but the playewrs looked clueless where they where supposed to be in this new formation - could clearly see Lukaku at one point motioning to the bench asking wtf is he supposed to be as he had absolutely no diea - no communication to players being sent to them on the pitch - overall a lack of any management skill whatsoever

we the fans can see how badly flawed he is as a manager, the media has cottoned on to the fact as well, ex players have cottoned onto the fact, do we really think the players haven't - their has already been several signs through the media they aren't happy with trainign and preperation for games, now disquiet over game management etc, house of cards atm, Moshiri needs to be strong and act decisively and get rid of him come the end of the season before we face an exodus of talent and the calamity that will bring

You have a point regarding their form, however at Arsenal him and his friend Usmanov were relatively small components in the club's hierarchy.

They owned a 30% percentage of the club (15% each), so overall they were a minority compared to that of Kroenke thus a small influence.

Here he has a strong financial input and as such will have a much greater influence over board decisions; his personal desires will be significant.

If he wants the club to succeed (to help generate a return on his income) and retain our assets, he may see Martinez as a stumbling block.
I'm completely aware of his investment in Arsenal, the % and how it compares to his investment here.

I'm just saying that his only experience of a club is of one that doesn't pull the trigger when perhaps it should. That may or may not inform his decision making here, and his opinion on how things "should" be done. But we really have no way of knowing.

My point was just that some people are going round talking like RM's days are numbered because Moshiri will be like the footballing equivalent of an assassin, with really nothing to back it up. Moshiri is clearly a very talented accountant - but we don't really have any idea at all yet about how he will run a football club.

When the pathetic disappointing displays far outnumber the good ones then you have a problem and in the last 2 seasons this has been the case for Everton under Martinez. For that reason alone I am in the out camp. It is even more annoying when we keep being told how great our squad is as it is clearly not performing and that has to come down to the manager and his tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back