Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think hes paying the price of the first season from an expectation POV for sure. Then again, that season is possibly the only reason he still has a job. People are fed up with being fed losing football and being told it's the best. That shtick only lasts so long. Certainly not almost 2 years worth.
Just as an aside, you don't have to answer- Do you think his managerial performances have been worth 3 mill a year. Would you pay $1600 over the last two years for a season ticket to watch our home games? Just curious, although I'd happy pay that just to see us lift a trophy again.

I will respond very conservatively as I have a 'you are massively privileged to be able to be a ticket holder'...from the perspective of someone who will be lucky to attend a game in my lifetime.

I wish the locals knew what a privilege they have in being able to simply be a match goer...and the responsibility that goes with it.

Hopefully the cards work out for me...to simply have that privilege one day.

Do you think his managerial performances have been worth 3 mill a year.

The answer is no and he doesn't have the history or current performance to warrant it. I suspect though if he delivers the FA Cup for Kenwright. It will be considered justified and most probably to the majority of supporters as well.

Well I'll be..

Highest Paid Football Managers Around The World
NO# MANAGER TEAM SALARY
1 Pep Guardiola(New) Manchester City £15m (3 year deal set to start in 2016-17 season
2 Pep Guardiola Bayern Munich £14.8m
3 Arsene Wenger Arsenal £8.30m (signed a 3 year deal in May 2014)
4 Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid £8m (2 and half year deal)
5 Louis Van Gaal Manchester United £7.3m (3 year deal set to expire at the end of 2016-17 season)
6 Jurgen Klopp Liverpool £7m
7 Jose Enrique FC Barcelona £7m
8 Rafael Benitez Newcastle United £4.5m (plus £2 bonus if Newcastle Avoid drop)
9 Roberto Mancini Inter Milan £4.30m
10 Antonio Conte Italy £3.95m
11 Manuel Pellegrini Manchester City £4.2m
12 Massimiliano Allegri Juventus £3.50m
13 Laurent Blanc PSG £3.45m
14 Jorge Jesus Benfica £3.34m
15 Roberto Martinez Everton £3m
16 Slaven Bilic West Ham United £2.95m
17 Roy Hodgson England £2.95m
18 Joachim Low Germany £2.80m
19 Dunga Brazil £2.50m
20 Ronald Koeman Southampton FC £2.30

He earns HOW MUCH??

ca07ad64420e3d1230725dbc842baff0.gif

I'd expect the Fifteenth Highest paid Manager in the World to be a Champions League stalwart or high profile World Cup Legend.

I could be wrong but Moyes, when at Everton was on 3 million and the third highest paid manager in world football. Makes you think, with wages like that, any prospective manager would consider a vacancy at Everton seriously.

Youre embarrassing yourself if you think Baines is better than Oviedo defensively. Case in point last game where he was miles out of position...

Your other post regarding Jagielka stopping a goal...you should watch the match again as Mori covered Jagielka on two occasiions i spotted (so at least twice) where he saved him from being totally beaten.

Youre writing that i only want to sign u21 players yet i suggested Jermaine Defoe to be signed in the transfer thread + the first choice goalkeepers id like are all 23+

Think you need to give your head a wobble.....

Mate you'd employ Adam Johnson as a scout such is your slant towards youth.

As for embaressing posts - yeah Baines can't pass or hold onto the ball as well as Mori, Oviedo etc, ofc passing stats, key passes, chances created and assists records that Baines has set would piss all over that argument wouldn't they?

Baines hasn't though, has been nowhere near his best for the last two years. Maybe because he is still struggling with that ankle, but Oviedo when he's come in has been very good, far better than Baines.

Totally disagree, think a lot of Everton fans ignore any mistakes Oviedo makes and overate his contributions due to having a huge soft spot for the lad (and rightly so as he is a top lad), also Binaes is getting measured against a time when he was arguably the best left back and one of the best in the world in his position.

Oviedo is a solid player - not arguing, but Baines is still a level above IMO

Agreed, both shocking....baines responsible for a goal as he was miles out of position and Jags actually done for 2 certain goals but for Mori coming to save him.

Didnt notice Jaga shouting to be honest, only once at a corner.

Ive always liked both players but they dont offer what is needed.....ability to defend + pass the ball with confidence.

Looked alot better with Galloway and Browning at full back for me....dont think we should have them as 1st choices but we should bring in new players now.

Sick of all this Jags is captain and Baines is the best left back in the world shouts.....they arent untouchable.

Would that be the Welbeck goal when Mori created a massive gap by pressing up into midfield? 100% that goal was on Mori losing any discipline and going chasing the ball mate - how you could blame that on Jagielka i have no idea - the ball is played into a huge hole that Mori left - case closed

or would that be ball over the top for the second when Mori gets beaten easily to it? as for that being Baines job - you do realise that this manager sets us up with the fullbacks pushing high up and wide and the centre backs spread and deeper mate don't you - those balls are on the cb's to actually cover you utter wombat, strange how galloway and oviedo have both been 'exposed' by the exact same ball over the top in games isn't it - maybe suggests a tactical flaw in the way we push our fullbacks up so high don't you think?

After the Moyes magic beans ran out? Dear me. We played in a vastly different way which actually would have made it more difficult to keep cohesion from previous seasons, but we managed ok...more than ok. NOTHING to do whatsoever with what Moyes left...if it was then that group of defenders are largely still here and playing and we'd have no problems, would we?

Why do you think contracts at clubs are given mate? Do you think they sign them off with the proviso that every season has to be bettr or as good as the one he delivered first up? They are signed because there's an understanding that something being worked on requires time.

Where did some Evertonians get this Geordie managers revolving door attitude from? He;s been here less than three seasons, delivered a blistering first season points total, almost got us to Wembley earlier this season and has another chance to do so next month...but there's people calling for the contract to be torn up and his arse kicked down the road.

It's utterly mad and hilarious...and it's not happening, btw...and quite rightly so.

..and that addresses what I said about panickers 'thinking we would be relegated' does it?

Not remotely the same thing.

Ok, Lescott too. But the bulk of the squad was kept together and notably Pienaar, Mirallas, Jelavic and Heitinga were added to them.

Bit more widespread than that. But what puzzles me is that you seem intent in robbing your own team of any credit for playing well just because you want a manager gone.

Just going round in circles mate, will leave it now, he's not good enough, enjoy your walls of supportive pm's though and don't forget to put a new worm on your hook when you start casting again.

c25e249932c6c6116ad722f117c00038.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back