Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but those 72 points 2 season ago mate, that was the stuff of folklore!
I mention that because it's been air brushed out of history...for VERY obvious reasons. Well it wont be allowed that fate. Not a bit of it. It's one of those inconvenient truths that just wont go away.

We don't. We have acceptable away form - indeed, we have the 7th place trophy away form.

There's absolutely nothing "great" about the league campaign at all.
...we have that because we've played two games less than others...and you're demeaning the teams efforts away from home now?

Why on earth would any supporter do that? Dont you want that form to continue?

...we have that because we've played two games less than others...and you're demeaning the teams efforts away from home now?

Why on earth would any supporter do that? Dont you want that form to continue?

No mate, we have the 7th best away form in the league. I'm not demeaning anything; that's just a fact.

You're dangerously close to "RAWK Alternative Away Form Table" territory if you're trying to paint it as anything else.

We're 7th. Acceptable for our goals. Average. Definitely not "great".

Almost as ridiculous as this, innit? A fair bit more relevant, though.

PA-16648392.jpg

Where did you photo-shop that from? Surely he didn't actually win the most important domestic cup in world football with a team from a small town and with no money?

I refuse to believe it. The experts on here say he cant manage a club and achieve success. If that photo is real they must have it all wrong.

Imagine that.

Why not focus on the fact that away from is as good as it's been in recent memory

While it's no improvement, it's probably the one thing that hasn't regressed.

Not something to beat one's chest about. Not enough to distract from anything else.

It's like a kid at school getting D's & E's in the mainstream subjects, but highlighting that they at least got a 'B-' in home economics or religion, media studies etc

...and yet when the atmosphere is upbeat - as against Chelsea - you see what happens.

There's more than one side to this home form issue.

In any case. Put it to one side and emphasise away form and a realistic cup success. Isn't that something better to obsess about?
the fans aren't the issue though, its a cop out to say that. The fans are only unhappy when the team are playing badly. If we had a bit of fight on saturday in the play then the atmosphere would have been a lot more upbeat. the team influences the fans, and as you say, a cheslea type performance gives us a much more positive environment.

If that was all that was going on this season it'd be something to focus on. It isn't though. We have great away form and we've done more than very well in the cups.

That's the story of the season. That's the balance that anyone who wasn't irrational would seek to strike.

Away form.... 5 wins, 7 draws, 1 loss.

home form is.... 4 wins, 4 draws and 8 losses.

You make out like we are smashing everyone away from home... we aren't.

I heard on here he lost 3 times as many games or home games this season than in Moyes' last three. If thats true, that is phenomenal.

Where did you photo-shop that from? Surely he didn't actually win the most important domestic cup in world football with a team from a small town and with no money?

I refuse to believe it. The experts on here say he cant manage a club and achieve success. If that photo is real they must have it all wrong.

Imagine that.

Can i just ask a question, at what point would you feel enough is enough?

Our away form has been good, and our run in the cups as well yes.

As a balance though, we continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

If Martinez can show that those mistakes can be lessened in the coming weeks, and we get to the final/win the thing, he deserves to stay on. But he's on thin ice with a lot of fans and, tbh, if the recent form of three consecutive league defeats (at home) continues, he may be on thin ice with Moshiri.

I've said it a few times mate: you dont get sacked from this club with midtable finishes and Wembley appearances. No matter how much a bunch of whingers stamp up and down it doesn't change a thing.

Moshiri is backseat. I cant imagine him meddling in football decisions until he's laying down some serious cash investment into this squad...whenever that arrives.

I've said it a few times mate: you dont get sacked from this club with midtable finishes and Wembley appearances. No matter how much a bunch of whingers stamp up and down it doesn't change a thing.

Moshiri is backseat. I cant imagine him meddling in football decisions until he's laying down some serious cash investment into this squad...whenever that arrives.
you do when the fans turn, and jusging from the home crowds, they have begun to turn.

Especially when these are the same fans who clapped the sight of kenwright not that long ago . You can't ignore the fans, and they will only get louder if we go out the FA cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back