Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it a few times mate: you dont get sacked from this club with midtable finishes and Wembley appearances. No matter how much a bunch of whingers stamp up and down it doesn't change a thing.

Moshiri is backseat. I cant imagine him meddling in football decisions until he's laying down some serious cash investment into this squad...whenever that arrives.

When Moshiri was coming in you told us Bobby had been involved in the talks and Moshiri was in charge and would be backing the manager. Martinez then revealed he hadn't spoken to Moshiri at all.

Kenwright, who you did not support, in the heat of victory made a throwaway comment about Bobby which you seized upon and now Moshiri is back seat because it suits your pov.

I mention that because it's been air brushed out of history...for VERY obvious reasons. Well it wont be allowed that fate. Not a bit of it. It's one of those inconvenient truths that just wont go away.
lol
Thanks for confirming you are just a 100% WUM, I thought so but wasn't quite sure. Not sure how it's allowed on here TBH but that's another issue and not for me to be bothered about. ;)

the fans aren't the issue though, its a cop out to say that. The fans are only unhappy when the team are playing badly. If we had a bit of fight on saturday in the play then the atmosphere would have been a lot more upbeat. the team influences the fans, and as you say, a cheslea type performance gives us a much more positive environment.
77 minutes on the clock in a league game and the irritation would have made its way down the terraces and onto the pitch; 77 minutes in a crucial cup game and support was still 100% there...and we reaped the rewards from that and swept Chelsea aside.

It's nonsense to believe there's no direct relation between atmosphere and results.

Do we get a Wembley cup for appearing in the Semi finals? Didnt know that was such a highly sort after trophy to keep a manager in a job. Said it before the city game when people where essentially saying we where in the final, there is 180 minutes to play before lifting silverware, i wish people would stop going on about this great day out at wembley.

Its only a great day out if you win it... otherwise the day out is irrelevant.

No mate, we have the 7th best away form in the league. I'm not demeaning anything; that's just a fact.

You're dangerously close to "RAWK Alternative Away Form Table" territory if you're trying to paint it as anything else.

We're 7th. Acceptable for our goals. Average. Definitely not "great".
Home league form = unacceptabe
Away league form = acceptable
Cup performances home and away = acceptable

You see, it's not that difficult to deconstruct a season with obvious subdivisions like that and find more positives to focus on than the negative.

As said: stop obsessing on one aspect of the season and start feeling some pride in those other aspects. It might cheer you up.

...my age comment was a tad vague, apols, I DO recall winning things mate, fondly & thankfully, fine times indeed, I was a kid/youngster then, in my early 40's now. I also remember how supporting EVERTON used to feel back then (not much changes does it?) and I desperately want my kids to have a bit of that. So, in relation to league positions - and quite, quite selfishly - I want us to finish as high as possible always because I remember how it goes when you're younger....and I don't want their variation to be a kinda '....shurrup, you'se are rubbish...BOURNEMOUTH finished higer than you'se...'
Oh right apologies for that. I just assume I'm thirty years older than everyone. Yeah I think it's easy to forget how much each loss hurts and every snide comment hurts when you're younger. Not that it doesn't now but life takes over. Plus I'm not surrounded by the enemy as much as I was.
Glad they're that passionate anyway. I'm worried about a generation who don't seem arsed.
They'll get to see something better.

77 minutes on the clock in a league game and the irritation would have made its way down the terraces and onto the pitch; 77 minutes in a crucial cup game and support was still 100% there...and we reaped the rewards from that and swept Chelsea aside.

It's nonsense to believe there's no direct relation between atmosphere and results.
that was exactly what i said though?! The team performing poorly is why the fans are negative at goodison. Cause and effect in its purest form, the fans aren't getting behind the team because of the poor displays in front of them, so of course they aren't happy, their money is paying to watch it. If the team were, you know, winning games, then they would be a lot more behind the team.

As i said the fans are turning at goodison, and once they have gone then that will be it for martinez, the same fans who didn't turn on moyes in 11 years pretty much.

When Moshiri was coming in you told us Bobby had been involved in the talks and Moshiri was in charge and would be backing the manager. Martinez then revealed he hadn't spoken to Moshiri at all.

Kenwright, who you did not support, in the heat of victory made a throwaway comment about Bobby which you seized upon and now Moshiri is back seat because it suits your pov.

No he didn't. He answered a journalists question as to whether he'd that week spoken to Moshiri. He'd met Moshiri at an earlier stage.

home wins draws away wins

2015-16 40% 27% 33%

2014-15 45 24 30

2013-14 47 21 32

2012-13 44 28 28

I don't think a lot of teams fear going away from home.

By your maths mate, Brendan rodgers is a good manager.
:)
He's not good enough because he went to a club that had spent hundreds of millions and he then spent hundreds of millions also...and that was never enough return from his backing.

As said: stop obsessing on one aspect of the season and start feeling some pride in those other aspects

That's right folks - You've NEVER had it so good!

_76628083_76628078.jpg

This obsession with the home league stat has to stop. It's just nonsense.
So does the 72
Thanks mate.

It's a collective hysteria that comes and goes now with regularity. It's why it cant be taken seriously.

After the QF win over Chelsea 10 days ago people were ecstatic we were at Wembley with a shot at a trophy, and there was a consensus that league games should be sacrificed to keep certain players free from injury for the SF....then we get beat in a home game by a team looking to keep their title aspirations alive and the mood turns 180 degrees and are incensed that the league points they weren't that arsed about a few days earlier had been lost.

It's a good job those in control of this club dont even register this Jekyll and Hyde nonsense or we'd end up like Newcastle.
I'm not sure it was the fact that we were beaten by a side with title aspirations, more the manner in which we rolled over and let them beat us quite easily, having performed so well a week earlier.

I mention that because it's been air brushed out of history...for VERY obvious reasons. Well it wont be allowed that fate. Not a bit of it. It's one of those inconvenient truths that just wont go away.

...that's precisely what you do in relation to HUGE chunks of BOB's CV though Dave, it is dismissed as an irrelevance and deemed unimportant to any argument relating to his acumen/ability/awareness...

I get - sometimes - where you're coming from with him, only sometimes mind, but I genuinely feel he's way too lulled by his adherence to his 'philosophy' to regularly & successfully manage entire league campaigns. Cup runs, yes, clearly he has a tickle....but I fear he's too tunnel-visioned to operate consistently in the division...

If I'm proved wrong via an FA cup, holding onto ROM for a season at least and a MASSIVE improvement next year then I'm happy to be so...

lol
Thanks for confirming you are just a 100% WUM, I thought so but wasn't quite sure. Not sure how it's allowed on here TBH but that's another issue and not for me to be bothered about. ;)

Code:
I cant argue my case effectively to counter what you say, so I'll resort to calling you a WUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back