Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd and 4th weren't really the top spots that they are these days.

Then, 2nd was nowhere.

Hardly failure though.

More important than the finishing positions though Groucho, is that we were in with a shout fir the Titke up until near the death.

They were proper top four finishes.

Not an Arsenal one of today, getting into the CL despite being twenty points off the top.

Sorry mate, you'll have to run that pass me again.

It was simple spin. By acknowledging the home form is inadequate and then labelling the away form as adequate, he's giving them equal weighting - like one is "bad", one is "good", but the overall is "OK".

The reality is one is horrendous and one is simply OK, and they don't counteract eachother to give an overall average.

Or, to put it simply, we're 12th. There's no way, at all, under any circumstance, is there more "acceptable" things in this campaign than "unacceptable".

I was an 80's child so, just aware enough to celebrate the last league on my dads shoulder. Least you've witnessed 84/85/87 in all its glory! A cup win could be a real catalyst for a change in mentality by the team and fans. But as laid out too many times in this Everton bipolar thread, Martinez's managerial record in the league is frightening bar one season. Have a good day though OB, I best get some shut eye!
I was on my dad's shoulders too for a few games and as I was 6' 2" he wasn't happy

3rd and 4th weren't really the top spots that they are these days.

Then, 2nd was nowhere.

Hardly failure though.

....I loathed GORDON for a very selfish & petulant reason...do you ever recall an EVERTON team jigsaw that came in a kinda tin, the sort that - hmm - SMASH (the prosthetic spud) comes in now I suppose?

Anyway, opened it, spent hours on it, done it..... and the piece with GORDY's delicious fizzgog on was missing. Gutted.

Ruined me Christmas that did.

Not entirely sure I ever got over it TBH.

EDIT: The wonders of the WEB eh...

$_35.webp

We are going to have weeks and weeks of this all over the social media platforms and media till the manager is gone.
Honestly for everyone,s sake I just wish they would make the call and we can plan for the future.

I just cant bear fickleness and inconsistency.

No, you've made that QUITE clear....I think :Blink:

last season I stated he'd lost the plot concentrating energy on that worthless EL competition...the football equivalent of an assault on Leningrad;

The same EL competition you were lauding our 'achievement' of getting to a semi-final of, being one game from wembley from, holding a 2.1 goal advantage in?

'Fickle' much? 'Inconsistent' much? :coffee:

We are going to have weeks and weeks of this all over the social media platforms and media till the manager is gone.
Honestly for everyone,s sake I just wish they would make the call and we can plan for the future.
It'll drag on over Twitter and the like until we have a new man.

Then the new fella will get about 2 weeks grace period.

Code:
I cant argue my case effectively to counter what you say, so I'll resort to calling you a WUM

LOL

of course I could, but what's the point? You just banged on about people's obsession with the home form which you deem irrelevant as it is a statistic against Martinez, yet keep banging on about the importance of the points total of 2 seasons ago as though that should have any relevance to our current plight.

If you are not a WUM then you have a serious lack of self awareness lad

....I loathed GORDON for a very selfish & petulant reason...do you ever recall an EVERTON team jigsaw that came in a kinda tin, the sort that - hmm - SMASH (the prosthetic spud) comes in now I suppose?

Anyway, opened it, spent hours on it, done it..... and the piece with GORDY's delicious fizzgog on was missing. Gutted.

Ruined me Christmas that did.

Not entirely sure I ever got over it TBH.

EDIT: The wonders of the WEB eh...

View attachment 19879
Sounds like sabotage to be honest. My dad hated him so much that piece would have been straight in the bin.
Don't know if the rumours about his political leanings were about then but that could have fuelled part of it for him.
I just latched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back