Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree or disagree with @davek, you cannot hide the fact that he is a forum legend. Those that choose to do battle with him had better be prepared for the long haul.
This all day long.

I keep checking the thread for when he's on. Keeps me amused.

Can't believe some are still sucked in though, hell I bet he still can't believe it.

In the 2011-12 season attendances went down to 33 000 from 36 000 the previous season. We have sold record season tickets despite last seasons home performances. It is not people staying away it is people buying tickets to go and watch us. Which would suggest that they think we are worth watching.

They are voting with their feet and going to the game.

Says more about the loyalty of the fans than the manure being served up on the pitch

And the Martinez fan boys have the audassity to blame the crowd for our performances

Wouldn't say "many" is an accurate term here, from an observational point of view...

On this forum - Prev, Davek, Zatara and about 2 others who pop in/out every so often vs. Everyone else, and I'm not even sure if Prev's not a WUM at this point and Dave doesn't have actual mental problems.
On the Bulgarian Everton platforms - 0 Martinez supporters now vs. everyone else, especially after the West Ham game (which made me, similar to Khal there, get out of Bobby's corner as well), where there were 10-15+ of us (out of close to 100 people in the FB group), but that was the last straw for everyone... then Arsenal just put fuel in the fire. And as far as facebook itself goes, any of the Everton groups have nearly no one still in support, and even those who are are close to wanting him gone, or want him gone after the season ends.

The poll on this thread was 60/40 or so a few days before West Ham, then close to 50/50, now it's 30% for in and ~70% out...
I know most won't be match goers and all, but they are still Evertonians, and the opinion doesn't change like.

I wouldn't disagree that on forums and facebook that there has been a change in waht some people think about Martinez. I don't doubt it. But attendances are up which would suggest that many many thousands of Evertonians want to watch us. The opposite of what happens when supporters aren't happy with the team.

See Manu, couldn't sell out last week against LFC. LFC in the dying embers of Hodgson etc. Or mass walk out like at Sunderland and Newcastle.

In the 2011-12 season attendances went down to 33 000 from 36 000 the previous season. We have sold record season tickets despite last seasons home performances. It is not people staying away it is people buying tickets to go and watch us. Which would suggest that they think we are worth watching.

They are voting with their feet and going to the game.
The same newcastle fans who protest their owner also fill out St James Park mate.

It is just the fans wanting to go the game and support the team. Hell, i have wanted Martinez out for over 12 months now, yet if i could afford to get a season ticket i would still go the game. Got nothing to do with my personal belief on the manager players or owner, that is me wanting to go and support my team.

Pretty much sure he doesn't, but only he could answer that, never gave me any indication he was at any game he has ever made a comment about anyways mate, not that overall it matters much, unless you start trying to speak for the fans that go to the match and what they think in which case if you don't it sounds a bit false
I would never presume to speak for either match going fans or others who don't....I was a bit surprised when you said that..it is genuine curiosity on my part - perhaps I assumed that someone who is obviously has very strong views on EFC would be a regular. however as you say it matters not a jot - everyone on the forum has his/her view on our club and long may that continue

I wouldn't disagree that on forums and facebook that there has been a change in waht some people think about Martinez. I don't doubt it. But attendances are up which would suggest that many many thousands of Evertonians want to watch us. The opposite of what happens when supporters aren't happy with the team.

See Manu, couldn't sell out last week against LFC. LFC in the dying embers of Hodgson etc. Or mass walk out like at Sunderland and Newcastle.

43.157 2015
41.090 2014
40.544 2013
39.095 2012

Sudnerlands average attendance stats the past 4 seasons mate - increased in every season, and pretty sure no sunderland fan has been entertained or particularly happy with what they have been watching

I don't think that people will stop going the game (at least for now, if we drop out of the FA though...) - the football on show is alright, and we genuinely could beat anyone. Thing is though, we rarely seem to do so. It's more to do with blind hope than anything else really, imo.

If he is a WUM, then you're giving him what he wants

If he is a legitimately staunch supporter of Martinez, then you'll never argue him round to your side

Two very good reasons to leave him be

True, just felt the need to point out the massive level of double standards though. As you say, best left as it just goes round in circles anyway.

I would never presume to speak for either match going fans or others who don't....I was a bit surprised when you said that..it is genuine curiosity on my part - perhaps I assumed that someone who is obviously has very strong views on EFC would be a regular. however as you say it matters not a jot - everyone on the forum has his/her view on our club and long may that continue

I don't go myself anymore mate for obvious reasons, so i am careful to swerve giving the direct opinion or speaking for those that do, for the same reason i hate anyone who sin't going the game but slates those that do for what they do at the game - boo, be quiet etc, after all they paid their money i didn't

43.157 2015
41.090 2014
40.544 2013
39.095 2012

Sudnerlands average attendance stats the past 4 seasons mate - increased in every season, and pretty sure no sunderland fan has been entertained or particularly happy with what they have been watching

Average attendances;

38 200 2015-16

38 400 2014-15

37 700 2013-14 Martinez

36 300 2012-13

33 200 2011-12

35 900 2010-11

36 7000 2009-10

Our attendances have fluctuated. But have increased since 2013.

I don't go myself anymore mate for obvious reasons, so i am careful to swerve giving the direct opinion or speaking for those that do, for the same reason i hate anyone who sin't going the game but slates those that do for what they do at the game - boo, be quiet etc, after all they paid their money i didn't
:) Nice one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back