Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I bloody love Martinez

I think he's a top bloke

But defensively he's awful

It'll probably cost him his job, and that's a massive shame as he brings so many positives to the table

I'll be genuinely sad to see him go if Moshiri lowers the guillotine on him

I just can't see him being sacked. I think we all know that Kenwright wouldn't do it, so I guess Moshiri is the only hope. And from the very little bits we've seen of him Kenwright is all over him like a rash.

That might not matter though. Moshiri is a business man and probably won't buy all Kenwright's lovey dovey stuff. But I do worry that the Kenwright/Martinez love in may be very punishing to us.

This obsession with the home league stat has to stop. It's just nonsense.
Ha ha ha!!
If that was all that was going on this season it'd be something to focus on. It isn't though. We have great away form and we've done more than very well in the cups.

That's the story of the season. That's the balance that anyone who wasn't irrational would seek to strike.

Err actually we don't! Its ok but it ain't great! Stoke, Liverpool, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester all have better records away from home than us! Meanwhile at home Palace, Sunderland and Villa are the only teams with worse records, and even Villa have conceded less goals at home than Everton - and have three guesses where they are headed!

We've got a lot less season tickets this year compared to last. The "record sales" article related to a certain time period and didn't relate to the final figure

The figure was 700 less but half season tickets have increased that figure. So much so that if you haven't got a ST or hospitality membership, also increased then it will be difficult to get a semi final ticket. Last time it went to 3 homes I think.

It will be very interesting to see what happens regards to Dave if Martinez does indeed get given his marching orders

The next manager will have a massive up hill battle to win Dave over straight from the off, especially if he favours a more cautious and defensive approach to the style Martinez is known for

I honestly think Dave might stop following Everton if Martinez goes and the new manager doesn't manage in a similar vein

He loves Martinez that much

Credit to him to be honest. He's stuck by his guns from the off and never waivered

Dave's already decided that he hates the next manager and his agricultural style of play, even if the new manager wins the league in his first season Dave will shun it because we're not playing football the correct way (don't forget, only Roberto Martinez plays the correct brand of football. No one else does, not even Barcelona apparently)

I just can't see him being sacked. I think we all know that Kenwright wouldn't do it, so I guess Moshiri is the only hope. And from the very little bits we've seen of him Kenwright is all over him like a rash.

That might not matter though. Moshiri is a business man and probably won't buy all Kenwright's lovey dovey stuff. But I do worry that the Kenwright/Martinez love in may be very punishing to us.

If we lose some important players and buy inadequate replacements (Basically what Villa have done) and we're down in the relegation fight by Christmas, I could see Moshiri acting at that point, even if he wins the Cup this season

That being said, I'd expect him to walk at that point anyway, happy to have another FA Cup on his CV

The figure was 700 less but half season tickets have increased that figure. So much so that if you haven't got a ST or hospitality membership, also increased then it will be difficult to get a semi final ticket. Last time it went to 3 homes I think.

Just like half seasons tickets increased it the year before last.

3 games left v Norwich, Bournemouth & Southampton. The average is only going to come down further.

People are voting with their feet as you put it but not in the way you implied

43.157 2015
41.090 2014
40.544 2013
39.095 2012

Sudnerlands average attendance stats the past 4 seasons mate - increased in every season, and pretty sure no sunderland fan has been entertained or particularly happy with what they have been watching

Average attendances have gone down this season to 41 000.

Edit. I would expect more will attend than normal in as the season ends as they are in a relegation scrap.

If we lose some important players and buy inadequate replacements (Basically what Villa have done) and we're down in the relegation fight by Christmas, I could see Moshiri acting at that point, even if he wins the Cup this season

That being said, I'd expect him to walk at that point anyway, happy to have another FA Cup on his CV

I beleive people were saying similar-ish about last Christmas. I just can't see it.

It doesn't feel like there's any pressue on him at all. I guess we wouldn't know if there is or not from above I suppose.

If anyone hasn't seen it:

Roberto Martinez home wins since 2010
10/11 4 wins
11/12 5 wins
12/13 4 wins (relegated)
13/14 13 wins
14/15 7 wins
15/16 4 wins

Honestly though, how can you argue around that. It almost looks unbelievable. You can argue about developing a team and it'll come good or whatever apologist stuff but my god, is there no better candidate for Everton Football Club?

I beleive people were saying similar-ish about last Christmas. I just can't see it.

It doesn't feel like there's any pressue on him at all. I guess we wouldn't know if there is or not from above I suppose.

To be fair, we've never been in danger of going down this season

I'm talking about if we were Villa'ing, Sunderland'ing or Newcastle'ing it

Despite us getting close in 14/15, Martinez hasn't actually hit that point yet where relegation really seems on the cards

We were in danger of slipping in during his second season, but that win over Newcastle kept it from happening

Just like half seasons tickets increased it the year before last.

3 games left v Norwich, Bournemouth & Southampton. The average is only going to come down further.

People are voting with their feet as you put it but not in the way you implied

Of course they are.

Which bit don't you remember, Latchfords 30 goals or Andy Kings derby winner? Or perhaps your not an ageing fart like me:D.
I'm old enough just poor memory for some things. And was only really going to every home game for the back end of his time. 77 to 79 were my wilderness years. Not enough cash to go with my mates and too old to be taken. For some reason only thing I remember really well was Dave Thomas's socks

Have to give props to @davek he's stuck to his beliefs regarding the manager, most would have caved in and changed opinion because it's what the majority say.

Takes some doing that dave and for that i tip my proverbial hat to you.
Thanks, but it's not much of an achievement to counter fume with facts and hold up a mirror to the fickleness of posters on here. It just takes that word I've been using a lot lately: consistency.

Post Chelsea = elation
Post Arsenal = hair on fire

Countering that is a piece of piss a tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back