Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am trying to say is that if there were masses of Evertonians that were not prepared to give Martinez a chance, as is being implied, then they would not bother buying tickets to go and watch us.
Aye I get ya, but as @MoutsGoat said a (fair) few pages back - he goes the game to get behind the team for the 90 minutes and hope for a win, then moans/boss/whatever he wants if we don't perform well and so on. Doubt he's alone in this (plus he takes up at least 4 seats, the fat sod)

Davek goes to the game doesn't he ??? Despite the fact that I disagree with his views on RM I think he wants the best for us....thought he was an S/T ??

Meanwhilst the people who actually go to the games currently - unlike you and myself, are saying the complete opposite and aren't happy with the performances Dave

The people who do go see us can speak for themselves Dave, as neither myself or you go the game anymore don't you think it would be truly sad for either of us to try to put words int heir mouths?

Enough have posted already saying what they think abut the level of performance - don't need you to speak for them do they?

That's right lads. When all else fails and you're arguments are shown up to be pony, play the man.

Lol.

Ha ha ha!!

Err actually we don't! Its ok but it ain't great! Stoke, Liverpool, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester all have better records away from home than us! Meanwhile at home Palace, Sunderland and Villa are the only teams with worse records, and even Villa have conceded less goals at home than Everton - and have three guesses where they are headed!
...so just to recap: "everything is rubbish"?

Record goals scored = rubbish
22 points from 39 away from home = rubbish
Semi final of the LC = rubbish
Semi final of the FA Cup = rubbish

...then some wonder why I make the point that the powers that be dont even register a problem much less have a decision to make on the manager.

Unreal.

P.S. 'play the man' - you clearly dived Dave - yellow card lad

...it's nothing personal mate. It's just a general observation that (in their haste to condemn this manager) those people debating with myself and others who take the opposite view are resorting to personal abuse rather than accepting and dealing with legitimate points made.

It's very disappointing. Adults calling each other 'mentalist' and 'WUM's, and declaring themselves bigger Evertonians than others...all because they wont be getting their thirst for a lynching quenched and their frustration spills over. It just requires a bit of self discipline to argue a point without descending to that.

*sigh*

...so just to recap: "everything is rubbish"?

Record goals scored = rubbish
22 points from 39 away from home = rubbish
Semi final of the LC = rubbish
Semi final of the FA Cup = rubbish

...then some wonder why I make the point that the powers that be dont even register a problem much less have a decision to make on the manager.

Unreal.

Have re-read my post again and couldn't see where I wrote the word "rubbish" once! As I said in an earlier post you're on the wind up and I suppose I bit, but hey we got 72 points nearly a couple of seasons ago now, so everything's ok!

Far from it Dave, i stated i don't go anymore myself, but your post i was replying to with that had you directly stating how those that go to the game feel about our performance
That's right lads. When all else fails and you're arguments are shown up to be pony, play the man.

Lol.
Whoa hang on there...I was NOT aiming a jibe at you despite disagreeing with some views you have...you are a passionate EFC fan as far as I can see and I genuinely assumed wrongly or rightly that you went to the game..however as bluestevon said it doesn't matter anyway..I can respect your defence of RM even if I don't agree with it - you do however tend to polarise views on RM but it would be less entertaining if you stopped doing so

I would argue that he has shown some of the traits to warrant at least another season before being axed. I would say these are the reasons we should allow him some more time;

- He has shown the ability to attract some really good players.
- He has invested in youth and put faith in them.
- Although by no means consistent, we have seen some outstanding football in some games, including against bigger teams.
- In managerial terms, he is young. He is learning. I think in some instances he can be a slow learner and a quite stubborn, but again, he is learning.
- He has, in my opinion, enhanced the team in terms of talent and expectation since arriving.

Am I totally convinced by him? No. Would I be upset if he was axed? Not particularly, although I would be quite afraid as to who his successor would be.

Unreal.
Think this is almost certainly true. Very few sackings seem to come as a surprise any more and I think there'll have been a timescale discussed that will only be chucked out with a mass revolt from the players or serious threat of relegation.
At the moment this isn't even touching the level of the campaign against Kendall. Might be wrong on this but can't think of any manager sacked by the club when there was no threat of relegation.

haha despite all the adamant defence of martinez, do you think anyone in the board room new or old will see a manager with a 28 million pound player scoring 30 goals and the final league place and think, 'well we got to a semi final, and won a few more games away than at home, all is well'.

Especially when similar (or even cheaper) assembled teams are out performing these expensive players?

haha despite all the adamant defence of martinez, do you think anyone in the board room new or old will see a manager with a 28 million pound player scoring 30 goals and the final league place and think, 'well we got to a semi final, and won a few more games away than at home, all is well'.

Especially when similar (or even cheaper) assembled teams are out performing these expensive players?
Yes probably. Especially as that striker has doubled in value. In fact most of the squad have increased their value. I'm usually reluctant to reference such crude matters but the board will be looking at this sort of thing as much and maybe more than our league place.

As it stands, he's put an enormous amount of pressure on himself to win the FA cup. Whether we win it or lose is the fine line between us having a great season where we end our 21 year wait and qualify for Europe, or achieve nothing again and perform (probably) poorly in the league.

He's rightly been given time (especially as he has proved he can win this trophy with a weaker side, against stronger opposition) and he can still pull off a good return for the season, but it's going to come down to the semi and then the final, should we get through.

It shouldn't be this tight. We should be higher in the league, not that I or anyone else will care one jot if we win the cup. We'll have got our European football and trophy fair and square. If we lose, it's another year of failure and we'll have to look at our options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back