Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup runs are worthless if you don't win it, whose bothered about who was the semi finalist in the league/FA cup 15 years ago? Losers are losers at the end of the day. If we win the cup I may be found passed out somewhere in the middle of London after long celebrations. If we lose the semis/final I'll get over it like I did all the others. For me Martinez has to go as he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again, even if he wins the cup, if our league form does not pick up then on you go, thanks for the cup and good luck in your future endeavours. He seems like a decent bloke but he talks out of his rear end far too much. I shouldn't be going to Goodison and expecting us to lose or sit saying everton that to people around me!! We missed a penalty against West Ham and my first thought was we are going to lose this game!! We shouldn't automatically think that but we do. In all If he shows in the last 9 games of the season he can change it up and get decent results and wins us the FA cup then maybe I'll change my mind on him, but what we have been served up over the last 18 months isn't good enough and for me he needs to go.

Would there be any other club in the prem even having this debate if they were in the process of recording their worst home campaign in their history? We are far too tolerant in general as a fan base. It is one of our noble features but fans of clubs we'd consider our peers would not have stood for some the stuff we regularly endure.

Cup runs are worthless if you don't win it, whose bothered about who was the semi finalist in the league/FA cup 15 years ago? Losers are losers at the end of the day. If we win the cup I may be found passed out somewhere in the middle of London after long celebrations. If we lose the semis/final I'll get over it like I did all the others. For me Martinez has to go as he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again, even if he wins the cup, if our league form does not pick up then on you go, thanks for the cup and good luck in your future endeavours. He seems like a decent bloke but he talks out of his rear end far too much. I shouldn't be going to Goodison and expecting us to lose or sit saying everton that to people around me!! We missed a penalty against West Ham and my first thought was we are going to lose this game!! We shouldn't automatically think that but we do. In all If he shows in the last 9 games of the season he can change it up and get decent results and wins us the FA cup then maybe I'll change my mind on him, but what we have been served up over the last 18 months isn't good enough and for me he needs to go.

Stupid statement.

At the beginning of every season, fans of every club (this one in particularly) say 'two good cup runs please'

Cup runs have the ability to boost confidence and buck form (proved by our win over Chelsea, despite having struggled in the past few league games).

The further you go in the cups, the better. When was the last time we got to two semi-finals in one season?

Now, that in no way excuses the league form, but you're wrong to say they're worthless.

Cd_B59YWoAAv9zD.jpg:large

To be fair, we've never been in danger of going down this season

I'm talking about if we were Villa'ing, Sunderland'ing or Newcastle'ing it

Despite us getting close in 14/15, Martinez hasn't actually hit that point yet where relegation really seems on the cards

We were in danger of slipping in during his second season, but that win over Newcastle kept it from happening

Last season was amazing when you really thought we were going down. The texts were amazing.

Alright days.

Stupid statement.

At the beginning of every season, fans of every club (this one in particularly) say 'two good cup runs please'

Cup runs have the ability to boost confidence and buck form (proved by our win over Chelsea, despite having struggled in the past few league games).

The further you go in the cups, the better. When was the last time we got to two semi-finals in one season?

Now, that in no way excuses the league form, but you're wrong to say they're worthless.
I wouldn't say worthless, but do you actually have positive recollections of europa overall or the carling cup run? Realistically we ain't gonna win the league but you do better than expected, grand, if you tail off during the end of the season, you fall some places. But you do get something for finishing 2-6th most of the time. For a cup run that end sans pot- nada. I don't hold a cup run that ends in failure to mean anything, neither would most prem managers bar ours.
The Chelsea win did nowt for our league form unfortunately. :(

Stupid statement.

Not quite, a good cup run is about winning games and that is what fans like to see. At the end of the day records show a team winning a cup not really so much about how they got there. If a team does not win the cup then cup runs are soon a distant memory.

Under RM Wigan won the FA Cup and got relegated, winning the cup was a great success and happy memories but now I bet their fans would rather still be in the PL.

Stupid statement.

No it's not. Why did you call other poster's (or comment) stupid if he/she does not have the same opinion?I deem cup runs are worthless too. They don't get the club anything if you don't win the cup. I care about the league position and rate it a lot higher because of Europa and prize money. I don't see how it boosts confidence nor form because it clearly have no effect on our league form.

That's when we had ambition, sacked managers who under-performed and were known as the Mersey Millionaires.
There was a benefit to keeping Moyes after his 17th finishing season, as we were aware of our financial situation. That stability enabled us to grow again as a club. If I was to believe in Bobby, he'd have to produce something tangible this season, which hopefully he will get. Probably should be punted over his league performances, this year and the last, and the board will certainly take that into consideration regardless of the cup win .

I wouldn't say worthless, but do you actually have positive recollections of europa overall or the carling cup run? Realistically we ain't gonna win the league but you do better than expected, grand, if you tail off during the end of the season, you fall some places. But you do get something for finishing 2-6th most of the time. For a cup run that end sans pot- nada. I don't hold a cup run that ends in failure to mean anything, neither would most prem managers bar ours.
The Chelsea win did nowt for our league form unfortunately. :(

I know mate but two semi finals in one season is good going - for any club.

Not worthless in my eyes.

No it's not. Why did you call other poster's (or comment) stupid if he/she does not have the same opinion?I deem cup runs are worthless too. They don't get the club anything if you don't win the cup. I care about the league position and rate it a lot higher because of Europa and prize money. I don't see how it boosts confidence nor form because it clearly have no effect on our league form.

I often don't, but it wound me up.

I've been called stupid on here many times before.

Our cup runs have brought about most of our victories and some of our more positive moments/performances this campaign.

Ergo, not worthless.

And I'm not saying it did have an effect on our league form either way - I'm saying you often find that it does. It hasn't in our case other than to make us a bit tougher after the semi-final defeat to City when we went on a run of five wins from six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back