Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often don't, but it wound me up.

I've been called stupid on here many times before.

Our cup runs have brought about most of our victories and some of our more positive moments/performances this campaign.

Ergo, not worthless.

And I'm not saying it did have an effect on our league form either way - I'm saying you often find that it does. It hasn't in our case other than to make us a bit tougher after the semi-final defeat to City when we went on a run of five wins from six.

It's cool. This is a forum so opinions are in a wide range. I rate the league form and winning rate much higher than cup runs. 38 matches that is consistency.

We are lucky to draw all these lesser lower league teams and PL teams like Norwich this season in these 2 cup runs. Of course Citch was the problem they are processed with better players.

Is this you @davek ?
stk100322m.jpg

We are lucky to draw all these lesser lower league teams and PL teams like Norwich this season in these 2 cup runs. Of course Citch was the problem they are processed with better players.

If we're being really honest, the League Cup run was not all that impressive:

- Needed extra time to beat Barnsley
- Needed to come from behind to beat Reading
- Needed PKs to beat Norwich
- Comfortable win at Middlesbrough
- Imploded in 2nd leg at City after being 3-1 up

Unsuccessful cup runs are almost worthless. Cup wins are fine, but the run itself is practically pointless.

A "run" in the league where you don't win it at least provides financial incentives and a springboard to go one better next time. What does a cup "run" to the final and losing do in the long term? Absolutely nothing.

Agree with regards to Domestic cups.

I'd say getting to the semis of the Champions or Europa league is somewhat different, though. A fair few more games and an adventure for the fans.

Roberto Martinez home wins since 2010
10/11 4 wins
11/12 5 wins
12/13 4 wins (relegated)
13/14 13 wins
14/15 7 wins
15/16 4 wins

No wonder he is so nonchalant and doesn't seem to be aware there's a major problem or pressure when he does his frustrating post home defeat interviews. It's routine, its what he does year in year out, baring when he inherited Moyes Everton that year. It makes perfect sense. I'd actually be surprised if he acted like he was concerned now looking at the stats. He is numb to showing home fans a few wins a season. Think of all them post interviews he's done.

Still not over reading that tbh. I knew he gradually relegated wigan but when you see the home form over the years stated out like that.

Mad thing is I desperately want him to win the cup with us this year so bad. Shows you what 20 of years can do.

That Martinez season when we won 13 homes games - it was the largest number of home games won for 27 years.

Lol.

Martinez even holds the best record since HKI was in charge for the very thing he's being slaughtered for at the moment.

More inconvenient truths.

It's worse that I thought.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(:(

So in his last 111 home Premier League games (allowing for the final 3 this season) he's won 37.

That is bang on 1 in 3.

In our last 76 domestic games against Premier League opposition dating back to the 2-2 draw at the KP stadium in August 2014 we have won 24*

*indicates games won in 90 minutes although if you want it, you can add the Norwich penalty victory in the famous LC run this season.

Utter horse burger.

That Martinez season when we won 13 homes games - it was the largest number of home games won for 27 years.

Lol.

Martinez even holds the best record since HKI was in charge for the very thing he's being slaughtered for at the moment.

He needs to win all 3 remaining home games to avoid having the worst Home record of ANY manager in our History.

So even in Seasons we have been relegated, those Managers even managed to win more home games than this untalented utter ferret headed stain on our club.

inconvenient truth

So in his last 111 home Premier League games (allowing for the final 3 this season) he's won 37.

That is bang on 1 in 3.

In our last 76 domestic games against Premier League opposition dating back to the 2-2 draw at the KP stadium in August 2014 we have won 24*

*indicates games won in 90 minutes although if you want it, you can add the Norwich penalty victory in the famous LC run this season.

Utter horse burger.

It is certainly not a record that one would want to shout about from the tree tops. His first season here was good but merely bucked the trend to which his performances have now returned.

Lol.

Pipe down. I wasn't trying to hide it. My whole stance has been and is on stats. Therefore I can't just skip it when looking further back. Still how do you explain 13 wins in first 19 then 11 in the following 35.

Lol

The real truth, the only ones who it is inconvenient for is those that care about Everton more than its manager.

Last edited:
He needs to win all 3 remaining home games to avoid having the worst Home record of ANY manager in our History.

So even in Seasons we have been relegated, those Managers even managed to win more home games than this untalented utter ferret headed stain on our club.

inconvenient truth

Ha Ha. No mate. Wrong again. If we win the last three it's 7 and we won 6 in the 80s.

Meanwhilst the people who actually go to the games currently - unlike you and myself, are saying the complete opposite and aren't happy with the performances Dave

The people who do go see us can speak for themselves Dave, as neither myself or you go the game anymore don't you think it would be truly sad for either of us to try to put words int heir mouths?

Enough have posted already saying what they think abut the level of performance - don't need you to speak for them do they?
By the way he pontificates you would think he attended every game we played. I wonder if he has ever been to see the Blues home or away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back