Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Average attendances;

38 200 2015-16

38 400 2014-15

37 700 2013-14 Martinez

36 300 2012-13

33 200 2011-12

35 900 2010-11

36 7000 2009-10

Our attendances have fluctuated. But have increased since 2013.
Increased in 2014 and then dropped this year though. Not by a lot, but that's the average so far, and averages fluctuate easily.

If we finish the season poorly then people will stop going and the numbers for that will drop, even if just 600-700 don't go for 2 home games.

True, just felt the need to point out the massive level of double standards though. As you say, best left as it just goes round in circles anyway.

It will be very interesting to see what happens regards to Dave if Martinez does indeed get given his marching orders

The next manager will have a massive up hill battle to win Dave over straight from the off, especially if he favours a more cautious and defensive approach to the style Martinez is known for

I honestly think Dave might stop following Everton if Martinez goes and the new manager doesn't manage in a similar vein

He loves Martinez that much

Credit to him to be honest. He's stuck by his guns from the off and never waivered

I don't go myself anymore mate for obvious reasons, so i am careful to swerve giving the direct opinion or speaking for those that do, for the same reason i hate anyone who sin't going the game but slates those that do for what they do at the game - boo, be quiet etc, after all they paid their money i didn't

Paying money is not supporting the team on the field. Two entirely different things.

It will be very interesting to see what happens regards to Dave if Martinez does indeed get given his marching orders

The next manager will have a massive up hill battle to win Dave over straight from the off, especially if he favours a more cautious and defensive approach to the style Martinez is known for

I honestly think Dave might stop following Everton if Martinez goes and the new manager doesn't manage in a similar vein

Credit to him to be honest. He's stuck by his guns from the off and never waivered

I thought Dave just supported Martinez and came here from the Vital Wigan Forum?

Increased in 2014 and then dropped this year though. Not by a lot, but that's the average so far, and averages fluctuate easily.

If we finish the season poorly then people will stop going and the numbers for that will drop, even if just 600-700 don't go for 2 home games.

What I am trying to say is that if there were masses of Evertonians that were not prepared to give Martinez a chance, as is being implied, then they would not bother buying tickets to go and watch us.

Jesus, you sound like you are a bit smitten mate. Never seen anybody get so much attention on a forum. Let's pray that Moshri considers Dave's feelings when appointing a new supremo!

Anyway back to the real world, I wanted Martinez from the off and have backed him up until just after January. I think the Swansea game was my turning point. We stink a bit at the moment and one cup victory at home against a struggling Chelsea did nothing to turn my mind back this time as I don't feel we performed that well in that game either.

I think the recession caused a dip in attendances tha took a while to build back up separate to any on field related effects.

In the 2011-12 season attendances went down to 33 000 from 36 000 the previous season. We have sold record season tickets despite last seasons home performances. It is not people staying away it is people buying tickets to go and watch us. Which would suggest that they think we are worth watching.

They are voting with their feet and going to the game.

We've got a lot less season tickets this year compared to last. The "record sales" article related to a certain time period and didn't relate to the final figure

If anyone hasn't seen it:

Roberto Martinez home wins since 2010
10/11 4 wins
11/12 5 wins
12/13 4 wins (relegated)
13/14 13 wins
14/15 7 wins
15/16 4 wins

Go way out of that you WUM. That can't be true, I don't think Martinez is the man for the longterm future but no need to resort to making fake crazy stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back