Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the same last season "I'm not renewing...I'm cutting me season ticket up as we speak". Summer time comes: record season ticket figures.

It's all me arse and people KNOW that the level of performance is there if not the results. It's hugely frustrating, I accept that.

Meanwhilst the people who actually go to the games currently - unlike you and myself, are saying the complete opposite and aren't happy with the performances Dave

The people who do go see us can speak for themselves Dave, as neither myself or you go the game anymore don't you think it would be truly sad for either of us to try to put words int heir mouths?

Enough have posted already saying what they think abut the level of performance - don't need you to speak for them do they?

No, you've made that QUITE clear....I think :Blink:

The same EL competition you were lauding our 'achievement' of getting to a semi-final of, being one game from wembley from, holding a 2.1 goal advantage in?

'Fickle' much? 'Inconsistent' much? :coffee:
Ummm, that's the League Cup you're talking about, not the EL.

i don't think the fact almost 40,000 of us continue to follow our team is a sign that what we are being served up in terms of results is "acceptable", Hull.

I have missed two home games this season and do not envisage missing another one.

Please don't take that as a sign I find what us happening now in any way "acceptable".

As you know, I have been in Bobby's corner all along but the clueless substitution against Hammers and the Fuad o that was Arsenal has opened my eyes to what people have been saying for ages.

It us not acceptable.....it is not good enough.

Many thousands are now thinking that.....but we will still be at the match.

I for one minute done think our home support thinks our home form is acceptable, far from it. I know you have been in Bobby's corner mate, and I did see from your posts that West Ham was enough for you.

But I still think that there are many many thousands of Evertonians that think Martinez is building something solid and will turn it around. As increased attendances would suggest.

Ummm, that's the League Cup you're talking about, not the EL.

Vlsb5ts.gif

Anyway, my point about david's fickleness & inconsistency stands for different purposes, too.

Meanwhilst the people who actually go to the games currently - unlike you and myself, are saying the complete opposite and aren't happy with the performances Dave

The people who do go see us can speak for themselves Dave, as neither myself or you go the game anymore don't you think it would be truly sad for either of us to try to put words int heir mouths?

Enough have posted already saying what they think abut the level of performance - don't need you to speak for them do they?
Davek goes to the game doesn't he ??? Despite the fact that I disagree with his views on RM I think he wants the best for us....thought he was an S/T ??

I for one minute done think our home support thinks our home form is acceptable, far from it. I know you have been in Bobby's corner mate, and I did see from your posts that West Ham was enough for you.

But I still think that there are many many thousands of Evertonians that think Martinez is building something solid and will turn it around. As increased attendances would suggest.
It keeps getting touched on that, about people just not staying away etc.

Isn't that just the quality of the fans that they will still turn up despite the team possibly playing poorly? Despite the fact they may not back their manager?

Last time i checked, we are Everton and most of us are bloody good fans no matter what.

But I still think that there are many many thousands of Evertonians that think Martinez is building something solid and will turn it around.
Wouldn't say "many" is an accurate term here, from an observational point of view...

On this forum - Prev, Davek, Zatara and about 2 others who pop in/out every so often vs. Everyone else, and I'm not even sure if Prev's not a WUM at this point and Dave doesn't have actual mental problems.
On the Bulgarian Everton platforms - 0 Martinez supporters now vs. everyone else, especially after the West Ham game (which made me, similar to Khal there, get out of Bobby's corner as well), where there were 10-15+ of us (out of close to 100 people in the FB group), but that was the last straw for everyone... then Arsenal just put fuel in the fire. And as far as facebook itself goes, any of the Everton groups have nearly no one still in support, and even those who are are close to wanting him gone, or want him gone after the season ends.

The poll on this thread was 60/40 or so a few days before West Ham, then close to 50/50, now it's 30% for in and ~70% out...
I know most won't be match goers and all, but they are still Evertonians, and the opinion doesn't change like.

Wouldn't say "many" is an accurate term here, from an observational point of view...

On this forum - Prev, Davek, Zatara and about 2 others who pop in/out every so often vs. Everyone else, and I'm not even sure if Prev's not a WUM at this point and Dave doesn't have actual mental problems.
On the Bulgarian Everton platforms - 0 Martinez supporters now vs. everyone else, especially after the West Ham game (which made me, similar to Khal there, get out of Bobby's corner as well), where there were 10-15+ of us (out of close to 100 people in the FB group), but that was the last straw for everyone... then Arsenal just put fuel in the fire. And as far as facebook itself goes, any of the Everton groups have nearly no one still in support, and even those who are are close to wanting him gone, or want him gone after the season ends.

The poll on this thread was 60/40 or so a few days before West Ham, then close to 50/50, now it's 30% for in and ~70% out...
I know most won't be match goers and all, but they are still Evertonians, and the opinion doesn't change like.

Everywhere else i have seen a poll - it is nowhere near as close as here, most i have come across have been 75% out, 25% in and thats the closest one i have seen.

Have to give props to @davek he's stuck to his beliefs regarding the manager, most would have caved in and changed opinion because it's what the majority say.

Takes some doing that dave and for that i tip my proverbial hat to you.

Agree or disagree with @davek, you cannot hide the fact that he is a forum legend. Those that choose to do battle with him had better be prepared for the long haul.

It keeps getting touched on that, about people just not staying away etc.

Isn't that just the quality of the fans that they will still turn up despite the team possibly playing poorly? Despite the fact they may not back their manager?

Last time i checked, we are Everton and most of us are bloody good fans no matter what.

In the 2011-12 season attendances went down to 33 000 from 36 000 the previous season. We have sold record season tickets despite last seasons home performances. It is not people staying away it is people buying tickets to go and watch us. Which would suggest that they think we are worth watching.

They are voting with their feet and going to the game.

Davek goes to the game doesn't he ??? Despite the fact that I disagree with his views on RM I think he wants the best for us....thought he was an S/T ??

Pretty much sure he doesn't, but only he could answer that, never gave me any indication he was at any game he has ever made a comment about anyways mate, not that overall it matters much, unless you start trying to speak for the fans that go to the match and what they think in which case if you don't it sounds a bit false

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back