Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lies damn lies and statistics!
If he doesn't get some good wins in front of the home crowd he is toast, because that is where we invest our time and money. Watching defeat after defeat does not make any of us feel good.
Even Howard Kendals' previous record could not save him from the chop, and he had a far better record than Roberto.
There wont be any chopping mate. Dont kid yourself about that.

There is no angle. I'm stating a fact. Roberto Martinez notched up our nest home win record for 27 years.

I doubt the zombies on twitter will be stating that, so I am instead.

...sound, he's practically the FONZ.

May I ask you something Dave, genuinely, at what point (if any) this season do you think his position WOULD be questioned from above and is there anything that'd make you sway from your commitment to the cause?

7 home wins is the lowest figure in any season during the 80's

Best to check your figures before laughing at others
90s then. Same difference, there's a 6 in there.

Point being, if people are posting record lows, let;s have the record highs and have some balance...and on that note: Martinez has notched up the most home wins in the past 27 years in any one season.

As stated: an inconvenient truth you wont find on the twitter brains trust.

Is it wrong?
you're not wrong but you are basing all this off the 13/14 season. That team was a great combination of Moyes grit and Martinez flair. in the following two years Martinez has managed to drive any grit out of the team. The team that plays today is vanilla at best. This is so frustrating because he has managed to put together a great first XI, unfortunately, over the previous two years, he's shown time and time again that he has no idea what to do with them.

you're not wrong but you are basing all this off the 13/14 season. That team was a great combination of Moyes grit and Martinez flair. in the following two years Martinez has managed to drive any grit out of the team. The team that plays today is vanilla at best. This is so frustrating because he has managed to put together a great first XI, unfortunately, over the previous two years, he's shown time and time again that he has no idea what to do with them.
Shush - he just needs some more time, money, patience, nous, he will come good ....

sFun_DeadHorse.gif

Little yellow man whacking pony?!

Never was very good at catchphrase.

...sound, he's practically the FONZ.

May I ask you something Dave, genuinely, at what point (if any) this season do you think his position WOULD be questioned from above and is there anything that'd make you sway from your commitment to the cause?

There wont be a questioning of the manager. You saw that after the Chelsea game. Kenwright's comments nailed the issue and it;'s time to accept that and move on. If we stay midtable and just reach what we have right now in terms of cup results, this will be viewed as a more than acceptable season by the current regime. If we get to the final it puts it beyond all debate even for the people here who'd like to see him leave. If we win the trophy the club will melt down that Dixie Dean statue and recast it into El Conquistador.

What would sway me away from supporting this manager? If he doesnt get us a trophy this season and took us to midtable agains next season after being backed heavily in the summer, it'd look like a manager we can dispense with having.

90s then. Same difference, there's a 6 in there.

Point being, if people are posting record lows, let;s have the record highs and have some balance...and on that note: Martinez has notched up the most home wins in the past 27 years in any one season.

As stated: an inconvenient truth you wont find on the twitter brains trust.

We got 26 points the season we got 6 wins in the 90's that is already impossible.

Just like the "record home wins" meant we got exactly the same points as the year before under Moyes

The same senior players are there at the back mate. D'you think rather than the manager it's more to do with them failing to stand up and be counted? I do. I'd get shut of Jagielka and Baines right off the bat in June. Pair of frauds. Get some leaders on the pitch.

Is it wrong?

Dave you are right about them statistics of that season. Yes.

This season Everton must win all three of their remaining home matches against Southampton, Bournemouth and Norwich to avoid being labelled the worst home performers in Everton's history.

This season not years ago. Not withhin a selective 30 year period in EVERTON'S ENTIRE HISTORY.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
There wont be a questioning of the manager. You saw that after the Chelsea game. Kenwright's comments nailed the issue and it;'s time to accept that and move on. If we stay midtable and just reach what we have right now in terms of cup results, this will be viewed as a more than acceptable season by the current regime. If we get to the final it puts it beyond all debate even for the people here who'd like to see him leave. If we win the trophy the club will melt down that Dixie Dean statue and recast it into El Conquistador.

What would sway me away from supporting this manager? If he doesnt get us a trophy this season and took us to midtable agains next season after being backed heavily in the summer, it'd look like a manager we can dispense with having.

You have something against the DD statue, Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back