Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sFun_DeadHorse.gif

I know mate but two semi finals in one season is good going - for any club.

Not worthless in my eyes.

Nor mine.

Cup runs are "worthy" for the same reason finishing 5th is way different to finishing 15th no matter what some might say.

It means we have seen our team winning more football matches.

Thus far we have won four games in the F.A. Cup.

We won five in the League Cup.

That is nine matches we have won in cups this season....exactly the same amount of league games we have one.

Without these two cup runs this season would have been a pretty miserable affair.

So.....to sum up.

Better lo lose in a Cup Final than be knocked out at the first hurdle.

And I am sure the guys who made the long trips to Boro and Reading don't regard their journeys as "worthless".

I've said all I'm going to regarding R Martinez. I saw through his managerial confidence trick many moons ago. The disharmony he has wrought is off the scale and I hope the schisms are repaired in short time upon his dismissal.

Nor mine.

Cup runs are "worthy" for the same reason finishing 5th is way different to finishing 15th no matter what some might say.

It means we have seen our team winning more football matches.

Thus far we have won four games in the F.A. Cup.

We won five in the League Cup.

That is nine matches we have won in cups this season....exactly the same amount of league games we have one.

Without these two cup runs this season would have been a pretty miserable affair.

So.....to sum up.

Better lo lose in a Cup Final than be knocked out at the first hurdle.

And I am sure the guys who made the long trips to Boro and Reading don't regard their journeys as "worthless".
I agree with your last line but believe me losing a Cup Final is just way more sickening than being knocked out in the third round ...I have been there both LC and FAC since 1966 ..for me the stuff of nightmares...if we win though......

Dave, what are you doing?? This is silly from you. I have put that statistic up, why are you choosing to ignore that and blaming me for ignoring it. I can't get your angle here.
There is no angle. I'm stating a fact. Roberto Martinez notched up our nest home win record for 27 years.

I doubt the zombies on twitter will be stating that, so I am instead.

There is no angle. I'm stating a fact. Roberto Martinez notched up our nest home win record for 27 years.

I doubt the zombies on twitter will be stating that, so I am instead.
Dave, mate. The initial reply I got from you tonight was in reply to a tweet I took from Twitter, in that very tweet it said 13/14 13 home wins. What's your issue? I really am not getting this. You're acting like it was left out and the rest of Martinez home form was mentioned. That WAS NOT the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back