Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Martinez season when we won 13 homes games - it was the largest number of home games won for 27 years.

Lol.

Martinez even holds the best record since HKI was in charge for the very thing he's being slaughtered for at the moment.

More inconvenient truths.

And we got 42 points, the exact same figure as the season before funnily enough.

Seeing as you always like to talk about points.

As ive said for months now, he has the tactical nous of a cactus, his motivation skills are simply telling every player they are the best in the world, it might work with certain players, but anybody with an IQ above 20 can see through the man.
His man management skills seem questionable to say the least. There have been a public few fallouts, Distin, mirallas. Naismith scored a hat trick and then never played again. Lennon was not played for months, Deolefeu has been banished and Stones was played when out of form to his detriment.

Inconvenient truth (i): Martinez does not possess all the necessary skills to create a top 4 challenging team.

Specifically, he lacks the ability to instil belief in his players, he lacks tactical awareness and the ability to change the course of a game through change of tactics or personnel and thirdly he lacks the ability to organise a team defensively, and improve individual defenders.

I remember when he first joined and this was a big target of his. He pointed out the players definitely have some sort of inferiority complex when playing against the top teams. The sad thing is that nothing has changed.

al_gore_manbearpig.jpg

Al GoreK, an inconvenient truth.

I remember when he first joined and this was a big target of his. He pointed out the players definitely have some sort of inferiority complex when playing against the top teams. The sad thing is that nothing has changed.

The worst record against the top 4 since walker I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back