Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same senior players are there at the back mate. D'you think rather than the manager it's more to do with them failing to stand up and be counted? I do. I'd get shut of Jagielka and Baines right off the bat in June. Pair of frauds. Get some leaders on the pitch.

So what's changed? Oh bobbys imposed his philosophy on them

Dave you are right about them statistics of that season. Yes.

This season Everton must win all three of their remaining home matches against Southampton, Bournemouth and Norwich to avoid being labelled the worst home performers in Everton's history.

This season. Not years ago. Not withhin a selective 30 year period in EVERTON'S ENTIRE HISTORY.

Am I wrong?

I take it you mean win? not manage a draw?

There wont be a questioning of the manager. You saw that after the Chelsea game. Kenwright's comments nailed the issue and it;'s time to accept that and move on. If we stay midtable and just reach what we have right now in terms of cup results, this will be viewed as a more than acceptable season by the current regime. If we get to the final it puts it beyond all debate even for the people here who'd like to see him leave. If we win the trophy the club will melt down that Dixie Dean statue and recast it into El Conquistador.

What would sway me away from supporting this manager? If he doesnt get us a trophy this season and took us to midtable agains next season after being backed heavily in the summer, it'd look like a manager we can dispense with having.

3 seasons in a row of midtable and no trophy wouldn't be enough?

There wont be a questioning of the manager. You saw that after the Chelsea game. Kenwright's comments nailed the issue and it;'s time to accept that and move on. If we stay midtable and just reach what we have right now in terms of cup results, this will be viewed as a more than acceptable season by the current regime. If we get to the final it puts it beyond all debate even for the people here who'd like to see him leave. If we win the trophy the club will melt down that Dixie Dean statue and recast it into El Conquistador.

What would sway me away from supporting this manager? If he doesnt get us a trophy this season and took us to midtable agains next season after being backed heavily in the summer, it'd look like a manager we can dispense with having.

lol

I am at the point that even if we manage to win the cup i'll still say 'thank you for the trophy, now get out', his flaws are clear and they're never going anywhere.

Dave you are right about them statistics of that season. Yes.

This season Everton must win all three of their remaining home matches against Southampton, Bournemouth and Norwich to avoid being labelled the worst home performers in Everton's history.
This season not years ago. Not withhin a selective 30 year period in EVERTON'S ENTIRE HISTORY.
Am I wrong?
Yes, you're wrong.

Lol.

Tip: never ask a question in a debate you dont know the answer to yourself.

That my friend is pure popcorn...you utter minx.

Interesting.... was he not backed at the start of this season ? I agree that mid table mediocrity is a position accepted by most PL clubs apart from the clubs at the top (aka Sky 4,5,6 etc) (oh wait Leicester are top now) and survival in the prem is regarded as an achievement for most.. we now have some moolah backing us but for me the jury is out on whether I would trust RM to build a solid defence for next season and finish higher than this season

Wow. I honestly don't know how your support is like this. Your either related to Martinez, aren't really an Everton fan or like to annoy us lol

So what's changed? Oh bobbys imposed his philosophy on them
No mate. Nothing really changed. They were always ball-less cowards. It's just that Howard lost it dramatically and they got even slower themselves. The pair of them need to follow Howard out of the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back