Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the night when the Davek minions come out after watching him getting peppered on here like a punch drunk boxer. With a rebel screech tantamount to a whimper.
images

He's ok lads, he's a big boy, he can take it.

Last edited:
Martinez won't be sacked by Kenwright. That is without doubt absolutely true. It is a hope, that Moshiri, comes in during the summer and washes away the shadow this club has become under Kenwright's reign. We're we now, argue among ourselves over inauspicious records, both low and high. My opinion is, he'll have greater ambition and importantly the money to back it up. And I suspect whether it'll be during the summer or later in the year, Martinez will be sacked. If he doesn't start producing. A case of will rather than when. Just arguing over dates really. However, if he wins the FA Cup, he will have bought himself a grace period and have earned a clean slate in my view.

Ive been saying it for months and ive been going to Goodison for 30+ years now, never seen it so bad, its a toxic wasteland for our players.

The team tries to build attacks, granted its slow and ponderous, but its the style and it is what it is, if ANYBODY plays a ball even remotely sideways the groans and the abuse of that player starts. The players are scared to try things, cos the groans and the abuse starts.

This isnt when we are getting beat, it even happens when we are winning games.

People simply dont understand, sometimes you need to go backwards, sometimes you need to stand on the ball and wait for things to happen. Its here to stay as well, it aint going away and the only way it will change is to change the manager, certain sections of the crowd do not want Martinez anymore and they make those feelings known.

Its utterly horrific.

But negative vibes arent going to improve things, shouting abuse at our players isnt going to improve things, im not saying we should all hold hands and sing songs, just simply shut the fudge up with the negative crap, save it for here and Twitter.
Nailed it.
Spot on posts

It's not exactly that difficult mate: PL record breaking manager for us; we're at Wembley with a good chance of a final and trophy; he's signed some great players on the cheap for the most part.

That's what i see; that's what the decision makers see.

Only the divvies on twitter and certain no mark nobheads in the local press dont see it (or dont want to see it)...and no one in a position of power is listening to that lot.
So you don't see the Premier League record breaking worst home record? The second worst home record in Europe?

You seem to be really into your Premier League stats, but always manage to miss out that little gem.

But we're in the semi final, so it's all okay.

Right?

RIGHT?!?
No need to shout lad, it's a record which clearly isn't ok, and means that Martinez's job will be under review come the end of the season.
Cup win or no cup win, he'll clearly have to sort the league form, particularly at home to have a future here.

No need to shout lad, it's a record which clearly isn't ok, and means that Martinez's job will be under review come the end of the season.
Cup win or no cup win, he'll clearly have to sort the league form, particularly at home to have a future here.
I'LL DO WHAT I WANT FFS lol

That's the thing though, if we fail in the semi, what exactly are we reviewing? What future, another season of underpeforming (or as Dave calls it - "progress") and finishing lower and lower without winning anything? What exactly needs to be reviewed? Or are we chasing more anti-records?

Martinez won't be sacked by Kenwright. That is without doubt absolutely true. It is a hope, that Moshiri, comes in during the summer and washes away the shadow this club has become under Kenwright's reign. We're we now, argue among ourselves over inauspicious records, both low and high. My opinion is, he'll have greater ambition and importantly the money to back it up. And I suspect whether it'll be during the summer or later in the year, Martinez will be sacked. If he doesn't start producing. A case of will rather than when. Just arguing over dates really. However, if he wins the FA Cup, he will have bought himself a grace period and have earned a clean slate in my view.
You're entitled to your opinion and all due respect, but I don't see how the slate can be "wiped clean", winning a few games (all of which were were expected to win with the exception of Chelsea maybe), does not constitute to making up for the abhorrent run of league performances and results for the past 18 months.

It doesn't wipe the slate clean, it just glosses over it with a dodgy shammy leather

Yes, it takes up a space where Martinez's statue should be.

Now you're either the worlds biggest wind-up merchant???...

Or a complete oaf if you think a 60 goals in one season legend could be replaced by a four home wins in a calendar year paella toting former pie-eater.

I'LL DO WHAT I WANT FFS lol

That's the thing though, if we fail in the semi, what exactly are we reviewing? What future, another season of underpeforming (or as Dave calls it - "progress") and finishing lower and lower without winning anything? What exactly needs to be reviewed? Or are we chasing more anti-records?

Lets see if he can relegate us.

What a Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back