Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't wipe the slate clean, it just glosses over it with a dodgy shammy leather
-

For some now, win the cup or not, he's gone past the point. I completely understand that. But for some supporters lifting silverware, perhaps witnessing it for the first time. Those players and the manager will always be heroes to them. For me, I'm happy to say I've been there a few times before. It'd still be a fantastic achievement but I'll always look towards our league placing. League winners are the players I remember, Ball, Reid, Harvey, Bracewell, etc...

And I'll constantly review him and read fellow posters views daily. Who he buys during the summer, has he addressed our defensive issues. So I won't have forgotten, I'll just say, let's wipe the slate clean and start afresh but you won't have a chance to [Poor language removed] up again.

No mate, I take the forum as being a serious discussion, there is too much about in the way of stupid meaningless comments.
Why does the forum always have to be serious?
There's a time and place for seriousness and a time and place for fun.
-

For some now, win the cup or not, he's gone past the point. I completely understand that. But for some supporters lifting silverware, perhaps witnessing it for the first time. Those players and the manager will always be heroes to them. For me, I'm happy to say I've been there a few times before. It'd still be a fantastic achievement but I'll always look towards our league placing. League winners are the players I remember, Ball, Reid, Harvey, Bracewell, etc...

And I'll constantly review him and read fellow posters views daily. Who he buys during the summer, has he addressed our defensive issues. So I won't have forgotten, I'll just say, let's wipe the slate clean and start afresh but you won't have a chance to [Poor language removed] up again.
The cup win will buy him more time but he'll always be judged on league results.
If he can't turn those around this season/struggles start of next season most will be baying for his head regardless of the cup win.

If he can't turn those around this season/struggles start of next season most will be baying for his head regardless of the cup win.

If we go out in the semi's or lose in the final, he has to go in my opinion. Still think Kenwright would stick by him though. If we win the cup, I can't see him being sacked in the summer. After a poor run next season, yes but not in the summer.

If we go out in the semi's or lose in the final, he has to go in my opinion. Still think Kenwright would stick by him though. If we win the cup, I can't see him being sacked in the summer. After a poor run next season, yes but not in the summer.
I agree, the only way I could feasibly support him staying is if we went on a mad run in the league with 7/8 wins out of the 9 games remaining, would resolve our league position and underachievement somewhat. Finish on 60+ points with 65 to play for.
There'd still be unresolved issues but that too would buy him the first half of the next season, at least from me.

The same senior players are there at the back mate. D'you think rather than the manager it's more to do with them failing to stand up and be counted? I do. I'd get shut of Jagielka and Baines right off the bat in June. Pair of frauds. Get some leaders on the pitch.
Not exactly logical that argument is it? Baines, Jagielka, had a good defensive record for years under Moyes and one good year with Martinez then two consecutive bad years. Martinez has had one good year defensively in the Premier League and 5 bad years (2 with us, 3 with Wigan). Logically you'd have to conclude that the managers the problem not the players.

It's that time of the night when the Davek minions come out after watching him getting peppered on here like a punch drunk boxer. With a rebel screech tantamount to a whimper.
images

He's ok lads, he's a big boy, he can take it.

I think Davek's done another number on you all without our help tbh. There's plottermobs 10 or 20 strong coming at him and I haven't even seen him break a sweat.

Not exactly logical that argument is it? Baines, Jagielka, had a good defensive record for years under Moyes and one good year with Martinez then two consecutive bad years. Logically you'd have to conclude that the managers the problem not the players.

Think the problem for Jags has been that under Moyes it was all about just putting his foot through the ball and putting it in row Z, under Martinez Jags is being asked to be more of a football playing centre - half,.

Think the problem for Jags has been that under Moyes it was all about just putting his foot through the ball and putting it in row Z, under Martinez Jags is being asked to be more of a football playing centre - half,.
Which he is clearly not so why try to get players to play a way they are not so good at.
I'm all for instilling a new style but surely you need the right players to do it. Until then you play to the strengths of the players you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back