Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'LL DO WHAT I WANT FFS lol

That's the thing though, if we fail in the semi, what exactly are we reviewing? What future, another season of underpeforming (or as Dave calls it - "progress") and finishing lower and lower without winning anything? What exactly needs to be reviewed? Or are we chasing more anti-records?
We'd have to go on a very decent winning run and get 60 odd points for him to keep my support without a cup win.
Have to see some resolve and resolution of current issues by the manager.
Two seasons of underachieving is too much, we need to be moving forward.

Now you're either the worlds biggest wind-up merchant???...

Or a complete oaf if you think a 60 goals in one season legend could be replaced by a four home wins in a calendar year paella toting former pie-eater.

fly_fisherman_animated.gif

I've only seen/heard people who fail to detect sarcasm miserably say that.

If it's the lowest form of wit then you, using your higher form of wit, would be finding it simple to detect it, surely?

No mate, I take the forum as being a serious discussion, there is too much about in the way of stupid meaningless comments.

Why anyone is continuing to reply to Davek is beyond me. He will never believe that it is possible for anyone but himself to win the (any) argument... so why bother?

The majority of us know the problems and we don`t need to state it again and again, as it is getting repetitive.

In terms of our history, we had a reasonable first season under Martinez. This season, we have the the worst ever home record on the horizon.

... and I am aware that I have just contradicted the sentiment in my first sentence by putting forward an argument, but hey ho!

They are tough to predict, as liverpool found out last season.

All we know is we've got a good chance and a manager who's done it all before while under pressure for league performance, so we can be quietly confident for the time being. That's why we shouldn't sack him now, imo.

I think the players would react in a positive way if we sacked Martinez now, I think it would be the smart thing to do by Moshiri. Next step would be convincing Lukaku to stay with us, as our intent would be good players coming in, and a new manager who knows how to win a football match at home, and conduct himself in a post match interview that confirms he is of sound mind.

Why anyone is continuing to reply to Davek is beyond me. He will never believe that it is possible for anyone but himself to win the (any) argument... so why bother?

The majority of us know the problems and we don`t need to state it again and again, as it is getting repetitive.

In terms of our history, we had a reasonable first season under Martinez. This season, we have the the worst ever home record on the horizon.

... and I am aware that I have just contradicted the sentiment in my first sentence by putting forward an argument, but hey ho!
It has become a routine now, and I cant break out of it.

I need to be thread banned again for my own sanitylol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back