Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave is just a wind up merchant, I know his game. He is waiting for the poll to reach 99.9% out and then Dave wants to wield his
forum power, and be the guy who uses his own vote to hit the 100% out ...... think Brutus Ceasar....
Your analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

Dave is just a wind up merchant, I know his game. He is waiting for the poll to reach 99.9% out and then Dave wants to wield his
forum power, and be the guy who uses his own vote to hit the 100% out ...... think Brutus Ceasar....
I'm also on every day waiting for him to turn.

It will be one of them "I was there" moments. It would go down in history.

I would prefer that statue outside Fulham of Michael Jackson

I think Moyes was hugely restricted, he managed throughout our worst period financially, I think. He steadied the ship I would have him back in a flash over this current clown.

Getting Moyes back would be the definition of going backwards.

He did wonders for us overall at a time we desperately needed it, but from 2010 onwards we stagnated and were going nowhere.

It wasn't all bad and we played some decent stuff at times towards the end, but he's moved on and left us and that's in the past.

It's remarkable how much his stock has fallen, which is a shame for him, but Moyes and Everton are history - and rightly so.

Give over...

Why do we need a replacement when he's still playing fine.

And, get this, one of the reason's he's so good/key to us is because there aren't many (if any) players out there that:

a) have his experience (in fact he's the most experienced player currently playing in the Premier League)
b) have his sense of positioning and knack of reading the play (comes with experience)
c) cover as much ground

We can't just 'replace' Barry. Been saying this for ages.

We'll have to adapt our system slightly when the time comes that his form drops.

At the moment it's shown no signs of doing so.
Give over, the man is 37 years old,and he is still relying on him,cos he ain't got anyone in the squad to take over from him,unless you count the fella on community service.

Give over, the man is 37 years old,and he is still relying on him,cos he ain't got anyone in the squad to take over from him,unless you count the fella on community service.

He's just turned 35...

And he's very good at the (key) job he plays in the side.

If you can't see that then you're either on a blatant wind up or I think it's pretty pointless discussing football-matters with you.

Hahaha. On the contrary mate there is still a very strong bloodline. A lot of integrated into the local communities but stick to their own when it comes to breeding, the no neck look is feted.

They dislike the Mexicans from DF more than then Spanish nowadays I reckon.

I reckon the DF Mexicans symbolise the Lower Gwladys in our shared little cautionary tale.
Indeed Chico. The moral of the story is "Swerve pox spreading Spaniards".

I like when people point out Martinez took Wigan from comfortable midtable to relegation the retort is 'he had to, Whelan told him to sell his best players'. But when Everton had the same issue with Arteta et al, we didn't drop to midtable or lower.

Some people are meant to be managers, others coaches.

Steady as she goes lids, all is well on the good ship plotter. We've weathered the storm and it's plain sailing from here on out. There's still a few Jonahs we need to weed out but Captain Moshy has cured the scurvy and set a course for El Dorado. All aboard.

Bill Kenwright in 2014:

"In many commentators’ eyes, Roberto Martinez is the best young manager in Europe. We agree. He took on an unfamiliar challenge for most managers, to take something really good and make it even better. In his debut season he broke our Premier League record points haul, got us back into Europe and developed some of the most exciting young footballers in the game. He conducts himself off the pitch in the same way. He undertakes his business with great style, confidence, positivity and class. He is an Everton man."

Bill Kenwright 2 weeks ago:

"We have a great manager. He is an extraordinary man and extraordinary manager”

Spot the difference?

No, me neither.

Stand down lads. Get into single file and march back to the bunker.

Bill Kenwright in 2014:

"In many commentators’ eyes, Roberto Martinez is the best young manager in Europe. We agree. He took on an unfamiliar challenge for most managers, to take something really good and make it even better. In his debut season he broke our Premier League record points haul, got us back into Europe and developed some of the most exciting young footballers in the game. He conducts himself off the pitch in the same way. He undertakes his business with great style, confidence, positivity and class. He is an Everton man."

Spot the difference?

No, me neither.

Its ok lid - your new bessie Bill is melting Dixies statue as we speak...

Bill Kenwright in 2014:

Spot the difference?

No, me neither.

132.gif

Dave has just dropped a bomb.

He let it sit for a bit before exploding it.

He should get a share of the advertising as he adds 50 pages a day to this thread on his own.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back