Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a big risk though, although I do think players initially like him. Lukaku man hugs him, I hope Niasse becomes a god! I have said earlier that the ideal situation would be Martinez moving sideways as he seems to have an eye for a player, it really is a shame he steadfastly sticks to haveing the defence so high up, we get really punished and he does not seem to learn
By the way beating the kopites on their home turf is hugely more important than a tin cup ! (sorry for stating the obvious)

I'm staring at that speechless.

Our cup final is the derby?

No, nay, never.

The only part of this season we dont compete in is at home in the league. All correspondence should be sent to the jellyfish players on that score for not standing up and taking responsibility to ram the criticism they get there down the throats of those issuing it.

Sorry doesn't the coach and his team set the culture at the club ? If the team is underperforming at home then that has to be something that the management have to address along with the players.

Roberto is the person to lay down what is expected at this great club at home, away, cups , Europe or what ever and saying that its the jellyfish players you then have to wonder what is the point of Roberto and Jones et all as he signs players coaches them and picks the team and tactics.

Your defence of Roberto is admiral and is certainly better than EFC's defence at Goodison this season but I think that your pro Martinez stance will change if this guy stays in charge.

But at what cost ?......:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Brendan Rodgers (a PL title winner, going by your metric), Manuel Pellegrini (title winner), Jose Mourinho (everything winner), Louis van Gaal (serial winner), Steve McClaren, [Poor language removed] Advocaat, Tim Sherwood (a cup finalist, my god!) and Garry Monk (record points winner).

I suppose you could even go as far back as Niger Pearson, but then that would sort of ruin the agenda against Leicester by suggesting that they're good by design.

In fact, you only have to look at how poor old Moyesy has fared to realise how the Everton model is flawed. He's had to learn the hard way that outside of Bill's world of make believe, football is a mean and nasty place, where there are consequences to be suffered if it turns out you're nothing more than an exotic Ian Hollaway or Tony Mowbray.
Those in bold have been or will be moved out because their clubs feel entitled to win trophies given the cash they spend. McClaren and Sherwood and Advocaat led teams to the bottom of the table.

NONE are relevant to our situation with Martinez.

Those in bold have been or will be moved out because their clubs feel entitled to win trophies given the cash they spend. McClaren and Sherwood and Advocaat led teams to the bottom of the table.

Sherwood finished 15th or something like that and got them to a FA cup final.

We're on course to finishing below 10th and we're in the FA cup semi final (which, by the way, you still haven't answered anyone that asks you what happens if Martinez fails in that? Is he still the messiah?)

Those in bold have been or will be moved out because their clubs feel entitled to win trophies given the cash they spend. McClaren and Sherwood and Advocaat led tams to the bottom of the table.

Do you think it's to the detriment of these clubs that they hold their managers accountable to certain standards?

What was the purpose of laying out £28m on a centre forward, if not to improve the performance of the team?

Sherwood finished 15th or something like that and got them to a FA cup final.

We're on course to finishing below 10th and we're in the FA cup semi final (which, by the way, you still haven't answered anyone that asks you what happens if Martinez fails in that? Is he still the messiah?)

Supporting the manager is quite different than hailing him the messiah.

Brendan Rodgers (a PL title winner, going by your metric), Manuel Pellegrini (title winner), Jose Mourinho (everything winner), Louis van Gaal (serial winner), Steve McClaren, [Poor language removed] Advocaat, Tim Sherwood (a cup finalist, my god!) and Garry Monk (record points winner).

I suppose you could even go as far back as Nigel Pearson, but then that would sort of ruin the agenda against Leicester by suggesting that they're good by design.

In fact, you only have to look at how poor old Moyesy has fared to realise how the Everton model is flawed. He's had to learn the hard way that outside of Bill's world of make believe, football is a mean and nasty place, where there are consequences to be suffered if it turns out you're nothing more than an exotic Ian Hollaway or Tony Mowbray.

lollollol never actually looked at it like that, how true!

Supporting the manager is quite different than hailing him the messiah.
I know, and it's a shame Dave is hailing the messiah.

I've got support for Martinez, I was in the IN camp until the West Ham game, as it looked like things were turning around... except they weren't. When he shows he's got the will and desire to see past his own flaws and actually TRY to sort out the glaring defensive problem - I'll support him, as then we'll have a balanced side.

I've got support for Martinez, I was in the IN camp until the West Ham game, as it looked like things were turning around... except they weren't. When he shows he's got the will and desire to see past his own flaws and actually TRY to sort out the glaring defensive problem - I'll support him, as then we'll have a balanced side.

Meh...Dave is fighting the good fight in his own way. He is just as over the top as many of the plotters tend to be. Fighting fire with even stronger fire. It's been a joy to watch him pull the strings.

Honestly do you see him having that epiphany any time soon ??

For me the final straw was when we lost to WHU too but its what he says post match that bothers me and convinced me he is out of his depth with blaming everyone else from Refs to the crowd.

Top managers don't normally do that

Honestly do you see him having that epiphany any time soon ??

For me the final straw was when we lost to WHU too but its what he says post match that bothers me and convinced me he is out of his depth with blaming everyone else from Refs to the crowd.

Top managers don't normally do that
Likewise, and no I don't, sadly. I like him as a person and as an attacking coach, but football isn't just attacking, sadly for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back