Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second half I expected us to come out and make a real go of it - like they did vs Swansea and WBA - there was no faulting the trying at least.

But you're right, it was just so abject, which really is a worry.

I don't even think RM got the changes wrong. Switching to a back three allowed Coleman and Baines to go up the pitch but it didn't work out at all and there was no determination or belief at all.

Yep thats what worried me the most - something wasn't right at all with it, i thought we would come out after having a rocket up their arse at half time. but nothing. No fight, no belief nothing... i personally found it very concerning

Wouldn't be surprised if Moshiri sorts out a contract extension to secure Martinez for a few more years to help finish the project he has started.

Cant see it myself. I think after all that time at Arsenal with no say in anything and the Wenger situation he may likely have a
replacement lined up, just a thought, not in the know at all, but if he was talking to Bill as Bill stated, then he has been playing close attention over the last 18 months and can see what 67% of this forum can see

Is there a word for someone who benefits financially from deception? I'd say Martinez has gained substantial amounts of cash without having the skills he's meant to have.

Cant see it myself. I think after all that time at Arsenal with no say in anything and the Wenger situation he may likely have a
replacement lined up, just a thought, not in the know at all, but if he was talking to Bill as Bill stated, then he has been playing close attention over the last 18 months and can see what 67% of this forum can see

See, him and Usmanov were happy to play the long game and the let the manager have time.

He will do the same here.

It wasn't realistic for Leicester fans to think they'd go from 15th to 1st like...

We're a lot closer than they were this time last year to being able to mount a serious challenge - even with RM.
Leicester changed their manager though. Change our manager...

Leicester changed their manager though. Change our manager...

They actually started playing extremely well this time last year under Pearson though. They won 7 of their last 9 or something stupid.

Ranieri came in, and yes, added that extra bit of guile but - overall - kind of just let the team carry on playing how they were.

So who knows...

I agree. I want a manager who is consistent and we have to make sacrifices and sell some players to inject new 'fire' as you put it, into all areas of the team. The kind of 'fire' displayed by Lukaku for his goals against Chelsea. I've said this before, but it is funny how we have won 6 games out of 9, 6 of 8 before the Arsenal debacle, (the best form of our season), but that there is this feeling of 'not good enough' within a lot of fans.

It shows Everton fans' desire is there, and that we are a great club, as Moshiri said.

Selling Lukaku or Stones and not keeping certain players more involved, like Deulofeu, for example, is not the answer.

The manager for me has to take more risks with his team selections and formations. We could have tried Lennon centrally off Lukaku, and also included Deulofeu on the right. We could have rested Barry or McCarthy many times and kept Besic hungry and motivated by involving him more.

Plenty more examples.

Everton, as a club, are capable of winning the FA Cup now having got ourselves to the semi. I hope Martinez pulls it off but can't see him doing anything differently. Would be a wasted opportunity just like the league cup.

See, him and Usmanov were happy to play the long game and the let the manager have time.

He will do the same here.
He had little say in the running of the club, so he sold his shares and bought into ours
So he can have a say ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back