Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't realistic for Leicester fans to think they'd go from 15th to 1st like...

We're a lot closer than they were this time last year to being able to mount a serious challenge - even with RM.
to be fair, we are actually closer to 15th than we were this time last year..........

sound post.

personally I cant wait to see the back of him. I wanted to believe he could get it right, and be the man to take us forward and ive patiently backed him all season.

west ham and then Arsesal last week have been the final straw for me. And his stubbornness to not change his style or work on defence. his post match interviews/excuses are totally diabolical.

I dont think Ive ever been this fuming as an everton fan. and what makes it a million times worse is the fact hes going nowhere soon, as BK thinks hes the messiah. how some everton fans are still backing him is beyond me. league table or results do not lie. wake up FFS.

theres rumours hes lost the players too now. its all looking quite similar to the mourinho/Chelsea saga.

guessing it could take a mass protest from the fans to get anything done about it.

Last edited:
sound post.

personally I cant wait to see the back of him. I wanted to believe he could get it right, and be the man to take us forward and ive patiently backed him all season.

west ham and then Chelsea last week have been the final straw for me. And his stubbornness to not change his style or work on defence. his post match interviews/excuses are totally diabolical.

I dont think Ive ever been this fuming as an everton fan. and what makes it a million times worse is the fact hes going nowhere soon, as BK thinks hes the messiah. how some everton fans are still backing him is beyond me. league table or results do not lie. wake up FFS.

theres rumours hes lost the players too now. its all looking quite similar to the mourinho/Chelsea saga.

guessing it could take a mass protest from the fans to get anything done about it.

I quite enjoyed us winning 2-0.

Moshiri asking Bobby to get top four is like that sadistic PE teacher asking the lad with noodle arms to do ten pull-ups. Knows he can't do it and gets a kick out of seeing him struggle. My boy Farhad ain't that type, he'll save Bobby from himself, like Bill shoulda done.

He can take better, and more, creative risks. There is too much emphasis on either Barkley or Lukaku scoring our goals. We have 4 players who have scored more than 3 times and one of those is Kone.

It's been a failure, whatever his intentions.

Yes and no...only if it works. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at this point if things don't work out.

I can't stand the man. He was gifted one of the hardest working teams in the premierleague when he joined, left with a pretty rock solid defense and has very quickly turned us into Wigan. A very expensively assembled Wigan. Regardless of the players he buys, regardless of the money he spends we will never be more than Wigan because it's the only way he knows how to manage. That first season was a total fluke and i was suckered in by it too but that season was build on the defensive foundations Moyes left in place. Add to that the emergence of Ross, an incredible striker in Rom and Geri and we had the best of both managers. What we are now is a proper Martinez team who don't press, don't pressure the opposition and don't defend. The sooner he's gone the better.

I can't stand the man. He was gifted one of the hardest working teams in the premierleague when he joined, left with a pretty rock solid defense and has very quickly turned us into Wigan. A very expensively assembled Wigan. Regardless of the players he buys, regardless of the money he spends we will never be more than Wigan because it's the only way he knows how to manage. That first season was a total fluke and i was suckered in by it too but that season was build on the defensive foundations Moyes left in place. Add to that the emergence of Ross, an incredible striker in Rom and Geri and we had the best of both managers. What we are now is a proper Martinez team who don't press, don't pressure the opposition and don't defend. The sooner he's gone the better.
We are a pressurising team though according to bobbins aren't we? we put pressure on them in the final third now and again, surely that's enough?

Yes and no...only if it works. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at this point if things don't work out.

If he wins the FA Cup I would suggest his job would be safe for a number of years barring relegation battles which I cannot see happening. People saying they want him gone even if he wins the FA Cup are being over the top in my opinion. Maybe it is the Moshiri factor in the back of their minds. But after that Arsenal performance (and several this season and last) I'm not very confident that we will take our opportunity to win the FA Cup. I also fear summer sales of major assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back