Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on with the piece...and echo's my sentiments perfectly

The key piece is that nobody thinks that he can look past his flaws and adapt which means he contradicts his flexibility mantra he keeps pushing out.

We need change

Could it be that there are no contradictions at all and the reality is that he's just a bit mad ?.

PA-229321.jpg

roberto_martinez.jpg

What makes me so angry and I mean I actually get wound up by it is the fact that Martinez coaches, trains and sets up the team on possession football, short simple passing at a tempo that will create a space for us to exploit and score from. Which is good when we have the ball, as we've seen this season we can score goals with Rom up front, Deulofeu and Ross feeding him, but for us to score goals we need the football.

Only against Chelsea this season have I seen a real desire and commitment to forcibly win the ball back, we're nothing without the football, absolutely dire in fact. Yet he contradicts the foundation his philosophy is built on. Against Arsenal we gave away the ball so much, which is not a massive deal as you'd think they'd want to get it back but they don't and it's insane. He's a hypocrite in my opinion.

67% and growing, as 72pts, two years, ago erodes like a cliff face into the sea. Bobby's career. Adios, el mamarracho...
Not that we hit a magic number, and then Mr Martinez will be publicly flayed on Stanley Park or something.

Our away form is a myth. It's above average but it isn't excellent. We've won 5 away games which is only 1 more than our widely acknowledged terrible home form.

Our disastrous home form is making our away form look decent by comparison and yet pathetically the loud minority on here latch onto it like it's something to be praised.

Let's get real on here lids, stop playing the immature plotter/cultists game for a day and look at the big picture. that picture is even bigger than the shiney fa cup believe it or not, I know we have been cup starved. I suppose Wigan can go home and flip on the fa cup dvd after travelling home from the Brentford game.

And sticking with the fa cup, of course people are not going to come on here and push there Martinez conclusion figerously post FA cup quarter final win. It's inappropriate and buzz killing. It doesn't make people fickle. It's a weak argument to but across. This place is devoid of pro Martinez comments the majority of the time because we are in a dire position. And I don't blame them and I don't think that alone makes thier position weaker.

Cup runs are great whilst you are still in them but once you're out they are quickly forgotten if you didn't win it. That's not down playing the achievement it's just how it is.
Also if it wasn't for the cup runs this season I think he would be gone by now. As for staying if he wins it then that's a no from me. Overall it wouldn't be enough. Some saying but we haven't won anything for 21 years so deserves more time but this is supposed to be our best squad for 30 years so the minimum he should be doing is cup runs and top 5.

It's exactly like last year, I completely became numb to the league and put all my eggs in The Europa basket. I use to pick up for Martinez over it.

This year's Fa cup is a little different the draws and results have been so fortunate that we have a fantastic chance of winning it. And I'd say that even as a Palace fan. I'd love for us to win it regardless.

It's exactly like last year, I completely became numb to the league and put all my eggs in The Europa basket. I use to pick up for Martinez over it.

This year's Fa cup is a little different the draws and results have been so fortunate that we have a fantastic chance of winning it. And I'd say that even as a Palace fan. I'd love for us to win it regardless.

Broken cover here mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back