Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but I think he will leave due to Martinez and his flawed logic and inability to set up a team to defend a lead

What about Rooney, do you think he was forced out by Moyes or do you believe the lad was ambitious and wanted to win things, which under the board he knew would never happen because of chronic under investment? If Lukaku leaves that's why he'll leave. He wants to win things. Probably more than the FA Cup as well.

So how many other "fools" in the premier league were there, who didn't attempt to sign him?
I seem to recall that lots of clubs tried to sign him, but Chelsea only changed their minds at the very last minute.
The second time he turned us down, then his mum told him to sign for us.

if Martinez was tasked with a good cup run and avoid relegation solely, then they would of funded Heskey or Crouch

There's so much money in the game now, even when Martinez was hired. No club has to shop in the bargain basement. Do you think the Lukaku money came from Bills pocket?

Nonsense, Ed?

It is anything but.

I have learned two things by doggedly sticking with this thread.

1) there is no difference between finishing 5th in the league and finishing 15th.

and

2) it is preferable to exit cup competitions at an early stage rather than be beaten in semi finals....or finals.

I had always laboured under the seemingly mistaken impression that the higher Everton finished up the table the better.....and a run to the late stages of a cup competition generated a bit of excitement for the fans.

And both scenarios entailed EFC actually winning more matches.

What's not to like about that ;)

But no.....I was wrong.

And I learned the error of my ways by reading this "nonsense".

:celebrate:
You are forgetting that Dixie's statue should be removed because he was an exponent of agricultural hoofball.

I also learned today that contradictions can walk. It's been quite an educational day. Time for a :pint2:methinks.

You don't think winning sweet FA in the last 21 years has anything to do with it?
No, the atmos was much better until 2 years ago. Last 2 seasons it is generally desperate with the odd exception. Losing at home does nothing for the tribal feel good experience of a football ground. We used to have a great 12th man. That's mostly gone.

Nonsense, Ed?

It is anything but.

I have learned two things by doggedly sticking with this thread.

1) there is no difference between finishing 5th in the league and finishing 15th.

and

2) it is preferable to exit cup competitions at an early stage rather than be beaten in semi finals....or finals.

I had always laboured under the seemingly mistaken impression that the higher Everton finished up the table the better.....and a run to the late stages of a cup competition generated a bit of excitement for the fans.

And both scenarios entailed EFC actually winning more matches.

What's not to like about that ;)

But no.....I was wrong.

And I learned the error of my ways by reading this "nonsense".

:celebrate:

I remember before the Chelsea game you decided you had had enough of Martinez. Fair enough too. Then after the Chelsea game you posted that you were back in the in camp.

Now you're back in the out camp since Arsenal.

What's going on here is synonymous of loads of people right now. Let's just wait till the end of the season eh.

Time to get Jose in to our club, restore us to where we deserve to become a great power in the Premier League once again. Even somebody such as AVB who just had great experience managing Zenith.

'Let me get this straight, you gave this guy a new contract, 30 mill for a striker, and a mural after one year where he came fifth?! 'Sake even Wenger never got that'

upload_2016-3-24_11-41-28.webp

So his mum gets the credit now? Ya don't think that's a harsh.
She pointed out the error in his ways, then he backtracked and signed properly for us. Rom said so himself. First time he signed there was a large slice of luck. 12 hours earlier and he may have gone back to WBA or signed for WHU. We asked just when Chelsea decided to loan him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back