Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodison was a ground that teams hated coming to

Goodison under Moyes became a ground that most supporters hated coming to under his atrocious football. And Moyes wasn't a massive step up. He was in fact, a massive step down. A whole league to be precise. At least Walter had won something in his life. Moyes has never won anything, period. And if ever an appointment revealed the sheer ineptitude of Bill Kenwrights judgement on football, it was the appointment of David Moyes and the persistence with him.

Can I ask why? Last season he was 'given the first 10 games', then it was 'until Christmas', then 'until the end of the season'? Im not trying to split hair here, this was the feelings of most. We are worse off in a league position than almost any under our previous manager even when selling off our best player under the former and not signing a first team player for a LOT of windows in a row. What do you see that I don't? We are STILL awful after most's benchmarks, so why even extend this?

To tell you the truth mate it is getting harder to back him, but it's just a feeling (maybe hope) that I've got that he will get it right, bring a few signings in the summer that suit the type of footy he's trying to implement, the biggest thing he has to change though is he has to realise that there is nothing wrong with setting up defensively to win games, after some of the woeful defeats this season, he will hopefully take this on board, if not, then he goes.

Goodison under Moyes became a ground that most supporters hated coming to under his atrocious football. And Moyes wasn't a massive step up. He was in fact, a massive step down. A whole league to be precise. At least Walter had won something in his life. Moyes has never won anything, period. And if ever an appointment revealed the sheer ineptitude of Bill Kenwrights judgement on football, it was the appointment of David Moyes and the persistence with him.
Martinez would definitely have got us relegated with Walter Smiths team.

I remember before the Chelsea game you decided you had had enough of Martinez. Fair enough too. Then after the Chelsea game you posted that you were back in the in camp.

Now you're back in the out camp since Arsenal.

What's going on here is synonymous of loads of people right now. Let's just wait till the end of the season eh.

Glad you're paying attention, Elong......I can't remember what I wrote yesterday never mind several weeks ago :Blink:

I reserve my right as a long standing Lower Bullsonian to speak as I find.

My vacillation has been because I really like Bobby and I am desperate to see him succeed with us hence my eagerness to latch on to the Chelsea game as an excuse to change my vote back to Dave's Dragoons.

Even now, although I believe he will not make it with us, I am one of the 30% still voting to keep him, I haven't changed back to the Plotters camp.

But only the very thickest of the thick do not change their minds when it occurs to them that they may have been wrong in thinking what they thunk.

And if that don't suit ya.......sue me :p

I just changed out to in. I don't know why tbh

Blues-Brothers-Clarity-Seen-the-light-Sudden-clarity-I-have-seen-the-light-The-Light-GIF.gif

Glad you're paying attention, Elong......I can't remember what I wrote yesterday never mind several weeks ago :Blink:

My vacillation has been because I really like Bobby and I am desperate to see him succeed with us hence my eagerness to latch on to the Chelsea game as an excuse to change my vote back to Dave's Dragoons.

Even now, although I believe he will not make it with us, I am one of the 30% still voting to keep him, I haven't changed back to the Plotters camp.

But only the very thickest of the thick do not change their minds when it occurs to them that they may have been wrong in thinking what they thunk.

I salute you for that. Best post I've read tonight.

Martinez would definitely have got us relegated with Walter Smiths team.

Firstly, Smith had his funding completely cut off. Bill brought nothing to the table. So he couldn't fund him. He was still crying though when he made that call, God love him. He was sacked because just like now, the fans were getting hostile. Walter Smith was sacrificed my friend. So they wouldn't turn on Kenwright. Then he appointed Moyes and promised him 4 million a year in transfer money. I'll be the first to criticize him but that's a tall order for any manager. Which brings me to my second point. Keep us in the league and try and have a good cup run to keep the masses happy like. Absolutely nothing has changed. That's the remit for Moyes and the remit for Martinez. Apart from the fact that Martinez has actually won something, that's why we hired him. Work within the budget. And now there is some TV money so you can a wee bit extra cash.

Firstly, Smith had his funding completely cut off. Bill brought nothing to the table. So he couldn't fund him. He was still crying though when he made that call, God love him. He was sacked because just like now, the fans were getting hostile. Walter Smith was sacrificed my friend. So they wouldn't turn on Kenwright. Then he appointed Moyes and promised him 4 million a year in transfer money. I'll be the first to criticize him but that's a tall order for any manager. Which brings me to my second point. Keep us in the league and try and have a good cup run to keep the masses happy like. Absolutely nothing has changed. That's the remit for Moyes and the remit for Martinez. Apart from the fact that Martinez has actually won something, that's why we hired him. Work within the budget. And now there is some TV money so you can a wee bit extra cash.
Walters teams were miles worse than moyes. MILES WORSE. Secondly, Martinez has relegation form and his win ratios for the last two seasons are worryingly similar to Wigan. Thirdly, he is not keeping the masses happy.
By the way I am not defending Moyes later seasons because he bottled big games and should have done better.

Haha, forgive me that sounded more cynical than intended!

What I mean is that there is still a lot of water to pass under the bridge, and we should all sit on the fence with Chico a bit longer.

Agree with someone above, very good post.

His system with FBs is not to always have them flying up the line. As said he's varied it with at least one more conservative FB...and the introduction again of Lennon in the team makes us effectively sounder on the right if Coleman is the one tasked with getting up deep into the opposition half.

There's some utter bollocks talked about how Martinez is too rigid. There's criticisms that re legitimate concerning his prolonged perseverance with Howard and Stones, but most if it is just unthinking nonsense.

You said yourself to add Jagielka and Baines to that list so what you talkin' bout Mr D?

Cult got Koreshed yo. Plotters stormed yo compound and flushed them rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back