Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walters teams were miles worse than moyes. MILES WORSE

Materazzi, Dacourt, Duncan Ferguson. When Walter Smith was backed with money. Not bad signings, his teams fell off, when the money was cut. Just like any managers would. Coincidentally you know Bill Kenwright sat on the board during the Johnson years right?

Last edited:

Martinez is so frustrating!! I am like a lot of Everton fans who want him to succeed, but for me he has to go even if we win the FA cup and here is why..
1, There is no plan B for certain games or certain situations in games, also his subs are very often poor border line diabolical!!

2, He has not learnt a single thing from the Bournemouth, Chelsea, Stoke, Leicester, West ham games, all horribly snatched from our grasp but Bobby brown shoes has found an excuse in everyone of them games ie Ref, Missed penalties, too much added time, offside goals, it goes on and on and it will continue. If it wasn't for Lukaku's form this season we would be in real trouble

3, We have the best squad since the 80s and yet we are outside the top 10 and don't look like progressing with him in charge, forget the possession forget the free flowing football its a results business and he doesn't get results.

4, Individually most of our team would get into nearly all the top sides, so from that its down to the manger to collectively have them set up correctly with a fine balance between defending and attacking. We allow opposition to build momentum by not being instructed by the manger to put pressure on the opposition to win it back. Its like he only installs into the players the pretty things about the game but its the ugly things that picks you up valuable points during the season and turns draws into wins and losses into draws!! But he has a knack of turning wins into losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many Hard fought victories have we had under Martinez??? I cant remember many, most are won by nice football but if we had some fire in our belly I am certain we would be lot higher up in the league,, again this comes down to the manager,

5, If we don't get rid of him now, some of our top young players will move on in the summer as they will feel they cant achieve what they want to at Everton. I believe with the new investors, keeping all our top players and a change of manager, next season could be very exciting indeed!!

Also all us fans believe we are a big club, but its time for the board to share our desire and passion and take no prisoners in our rise to top!!
If that means GETTING RID OF MR NICE GUY THEN SO BE IT

So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?

Manchester-United-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League.jpg

Hi Dave, it's Dave.

That's the thing Jay, we've had Walter Smith, David Moyes and now Martinez. What's the constant in all this? Lowering expectations, becoming a cup team. We can say "Martinez out" all we want but until there is real change and I mean real change at the top. We're all just pissing in the wind.

That's the thing Jay, we've had Walter Smith, David Moyes and now Martinez. What's the constant in all this? Lowering expectations, becoming a cup team. We can say "Martinez out" all we want but until there is real change and I mean real change at the top. We're all just pissing in the wind.

And people cling onto that like it's a credible pro Martinez argument somehow. It's tantamount to wifebeater syndrome.

And people cling onto that like it's a credible pro Martinez argument somehow. It's tantamount to wifebeater syndrome.

Or Stockholm syndrome...I'm not pro Martinez. I didn't want him in the first place. Or Moyes or Kenwright, or Johnson for that matter. I've been a miserable git for nearly thirty years. I understand the pain and anguish. Let me tell you something though, it was far worse in the 70's living next to that shower across the park, when they were winning everything in sight. You have to look at it in perspective though, none of our managers under this board have been truly backed, like Chealsea, United or City have. Look at the backing Rodgers got, now that is failure. Until someone, hopefully Moshiri starts investing in the club, we are going to be also rans or in gradual decline. With the odd cup run or win to look forward to. Blame the board not the manager.

and to make it worse, we're a cup team without any cups. Everton that.

davek, you are a fine mouthpiece for the club. knowing there will be a fresh novela of bickering egged on by your beautiful game of insisting blue things are red and lashing against those who tell you they're very plainly blue is what brings me here every day. bravo.

Or Stockholm syndrome...I'm not pro Martinez. I didn't want him in the first place. Or Moyes or Kenwright, or Johnson for that matter. I've been a miserable git for nearly thirty years. I understand the pain and anguish. Let me tell you something though, it was far worse in the 70's living next to that shower across the park, when they were winning everything in sight. You have to look at it in perspective though, none of our managers under this board have been truly backed, like Chealsea, United or City have. Look at the backing Rodgers got, now that is failure. Until someone, hopefully Moshiri starts investing in the club, we are going to be also rans or in gradual decline. With the odd cup run or win to look forward to. Blame the board not the manager.

I was born into the decline in 88 but I'm versed in the history before me. Let's hope Moshiri can help bring the 80's back. The summer will be telling. It's more than possible we can win the cup so even if Moshiri had any plans he won't be advocating a Martinez sacking if that happens . Just give him that 100 + million and see what happens by next Christmas. Still though, it's very possible he will underwhelm. We may improve but it will be meh.

I'm sorry you missed out mate. I hope Moshiri brings back those times for all our sakes. Me dad used to go on about Preston and Burnley and what great teams they were. And now look at them, it'd be an absolute travesty if that's were we ended up. Everton are a historical monument, an institution, founder of professional football. If we were a park or historic building we'd be owned by the National Trust. Nobody can take away our history, it's important it continues. There's very few clubs in world football who can match who we are.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you missed out mate. I hope Moshiri brings back those times for all our sakes. Me dad used to go on about Preston and Burnley and what great teams they were. And now look at them, it'd be an absolute travesty if that's were we ended up. Everton are a historical monument, an institution, founder of professional football. If we were a park or historic building we'd be owned by the National Trust. Nobody can take away our history, it's important it continues. There's very few clubs in world football who can match who we are.

This right here is the very reason all of us are proud to be Blues. We all want Roberto Martinez to succeed and bring Everton back to the glory days, where we belong. His long term plan and vision are easy to see. The results just don't add up. Come on Bobby lad. Just get us a Cup this season and a top half finish. That'll be the springboard for next season's title win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back