Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so much money in the game now, even when Martinez was hired. No club has to shop in the bargain basement. Do you think the Lukaku money came from Bills pocket?

If Moyes has these type of money with Everton I think we will get 4th - 6th season in season out.

I've always said he should be given next season, I'm in the cult at the moment, but if he hasn't learnt from his mistakes, and nothing has changed by Christmas (especially if he spends a wad of cash in the summer) then he should be kicked up the arse out the door.

He hasn't learnt. Last summer people tended to say give him this season (some said 10 games some said till X'mas) to prove. Another season has almost gone. Things have not changed. Results are there to see. The only way out is to win the cup now.

If Moyes has these type of money with Everton I think we will get 4th - 6th season in season out.

You might be right hk, we'll never know. Maybe he would have won something or broken that glass ceiling which we were always reminded about. I know when we got 4th, I was dumbfounded that he wasn't backed during that summer. The fact is though, Martinez has only got the extra money because of the increase in TV revenue. The board didn't pick into their own pockets to get it. And in that sense, can you really argue he's had more backing than Moyes. To me, it's a case of meet the new boss.

The shadow of Moyes was beginning to darken the Giants land. Some could not understand why he would ever return.

He had left for richer pastures to a field that was supposedly full of dreams, but instead it had become his nightmare. The knight Sir Alex had long ruled this land full of annoying creatures (known as Busby’s babes) for a long long time & he had collected vast amounts of silver & even a golden boot.

Moyes could never fill his shoes even though they spoke with the same strange accent.

Bobby of the brown shoes was puzzled. He thought everybody loved him with his ticky tacky ways & his Catalan sun tan. However the natives of Goodison had become restless. Why did we only win the battles in other lands yet lost some many on home soil. It was suggested that it maybe the fault of the worshippers of the Giant Everton as they did not chant loud & shouted at those who did not try or just were no good at what they do or could it be they just wanted to win for once.

Farhad Moshri was confused. He had been told that Bobby was the greatest & would take us to a place called Europe yet, apart from a win over a relatively new giant called Chelsea he was beginning to think he may have been lied to by his friend.

But who can he bring to make the Evertonians happy he could not listen to his friend Kenwright as he could no longer believe him.

So he cast away the shadow of Moyes no more to darken our land, but what could he do with Bobby as he was still promising some silver from a place called Wembley.

“You have until May” he told him “unless you lose a certain battle in April .If we don’t see any silver you will have to go”

“OK “said Bobby of the Brown shoes “Just you wait Farhad. I will bring you silver & take you to Europe as I promised , wait & see It will be phenomenal !!!!”

crack-pipe-3.jpg

If for arguments sake Martinez wins the cup, which adds in some way to our great club. Has he not taken us forward? Like Joe Royle or should we just write him off before he has the chance?
Before he has had a chance? Really??
If we manage to win the cup then Roberto deserves credit and it would surprise me if he got the sack. But I still think it would be a mistake to keep him based on our league form.

If for arguments sake Martinez wins the cup, which adds in some way to our great club. Has he not taken us forward? Like Joe Royle or should we just write him off before he has the chance?

In their anger people have forgotten this. If Everton wins the cup theres humble pie for everyone to eat.

To me an fa cup win is just papering over cracks. Martinez has shown he hasnt got an effective game plan which has led to poor league performance two seasons on the bounce. He won the cup with wigan and got them relegated same season. Nice bloke but clearly has taken the club as far as he can

He hasn't taken them anywhere yet. If he wins the FA Cup then he has made progress and is a platform to build on. We need to be patient with him. It's such a shame we missed out on taking advantage of the premier league's state because aside from the so-called top 4, it is Everton who are the best of the rest and we should be booting ourselves for a massively missed opportunity.

He hasn't taken them anywhere yet. If he wins the FA Cup then he has made progress and is a platform to build on. We need to be patient with him. It's such a shame we missed out on taking advantage of the premier league's state because aside from the so-called top 4, it is Everton who are the best of the rest and we should be booting ourselves for a massively missed opportunity.

Big word if.

In their anger people have forgotten this. If Everton wins the cup theres humble pie for everyone to eat.

No there really isn't and well you know it! A cup always has been and always will be a lottery.

Everybody in football knows and the situation has never changed, you are judged on your league form as to what kind of side you are.

Anybody peddling the cups as a measure of success hasn't got the first iota of a clue or is using it as a deflection because their debate has run out of room for manoeuvre.

So they can keep tapping their keyboard peddling the same nonsense, but it simply isn't true.

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back