Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im worried too. But when peeps say that even cup win wouldnt change their opinion about sacking Martinez I know things are on wrong tracks
Rather mate, I would love a cup win, and he must be given credit if that happens, BUT, an FA Cup win will not automatically turn us into top 4 challengers.

I want us to win the cup, but that will not automatically make me think he is a fantastic manager. I'll love him to bits for it, but will it transform my opinion? maybe not.

Im worried too. But when peeps say that even cup win wouldnt change their opinion about sacking Martinez I know things are on wrong tracks

FA Cup win is a great achievement no doubt. Haven't done this for 21 years. If he stays due to the cup win then he must show it on league form too next season. If not, he is not what we want because the PL is always the real deal.

So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?

"Get out of the club Moyes, and take your 4th place and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here 10 seasons and only qualified for the Champions League once. And you've had -£5m to spend"

Sound familiar? You're in no position to have a go

Ah I see, so you're talking about the lottery of who we get round to round. That's a fair point.

So, you think a side is better judged over league performance?

Question:

Would you rather we finish 5th this season, hypothetically of course, or win the FA Cup?

I'd rather win something than nothing mate obviously. However they both have the same end result, a Europa league place.

Winning the cup carries more glory though obviously.

Ah I see, so you're talking about the lottery of who we get round to round. That's a fair point.

So, you think a side is better judged over league performance?

Question:

Would you rather we finish 5th this season, hypothetically of course, or win the FA Cup?
I'd rather win something than nothing mate obviously. However they both have the same end result, a Europa league place.

Winning the cup carries more glory though obviously.

Aye, the cup is obviously something we'd all like (and possibly need). I really hope we get it this season. 5th would've meant winning more games though, but we need a trophy.

I think if the question was changed to 4th or the cup, the answers maybe a little different.

You wanna have a go at Martinez, fine, I'm with you. You want to know the root of the problem. Look at the board, it's not Moyes or Martinez that has caused the disharmony. Kings Dock, Destination Kirkby, remember that? Caused the biggest strife in our club in living memory. There's one man who's responsible for it. Send your grievances to him. And you know what, he's laughing, not just because of the price he got for his shares but because, he knows full well. Got you down to a tee. If we win the FA Cup come May, all this will be gone.

So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?

Get out of the club Martinez, you started well but it's become obvious you are out of your depth. You've been here three seasons but most teams figured your tactics out after one and despite what some people say you haven't adapted to this. You made a great signing in Lukaku but I'm afraid you made a rod for your own back. How can one of the highest scoring strikers be languishing closer to relegation than that 4th place you promised?

Unfortunately, It's not just on the pitch you're harming us. There's fighting among the fans now too. A small group of fans have even begun insulting the majority by calling them plotters or Geordies and insinuating they don't want Everton to win a cup or even a match. As a self proclaimed football man I'm sure you will understand the view that a nice little cup run against lower level opposition doesn't excuse the fact that in our primary competition you struggle to beat any team outside the relegation zone.

Anyway, have to run. Leave your address and we'll forward Kone to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back