Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
£40m net spend in three years....and his signings have added about £150m to the club playing staff.

I bet BK and The Mush are made up....and they get to sit in the Royal box....twice.

net spend? How do you work that one out?

28 million- Lukaku
13 million-Niasse
13 million - McCarthy
9 Million - Mori
4 Million - Lennon
4 million - Deleufeu
5 million Kone
the odd million here and there for young players

roughly that is minimum 76 million pounds spent in 3 years on transfers. Don't go on about net spend, even though we havent sold many players in that time to even bring that price down. This all does not include the young players signed, the loan fees etc

Martinez has had money, he has had plenty of money to spend, i dont care he sold Fellaini one year to slightly adjest costs, he has still spent over 80 million on players whilst being here and gone backwards.

Oh and net spend arguments is what we all seem to laugh at kopites over for years, so i'd drop that way of thinking mate

Winning the fa cup would be amazing, it's a cup and that's what we're here for, to win silverware. League position is also important and that's where I think the frustration lies. Anyone can win a cup as had been proved with the likes of wigan, Portsmouth etc etc but the league at the end of it is the bread and butter. You should always look to perform well in the league, cup progression is a bonus and should not be at the detriment of the league form. I would rather win a cup than finish 4th but who is to say we can't do both?? Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

There's your mistake right there. He wasn't hired for league form. He was hired to win a cup. Two semi finals this year. Mission accomplished.
Getting to semi finals isn't the same as winning a cup. Mission is certainly not accomplished yet and in the long term bottom half finishes will take the club backwards whether we win the cup or not.

What sort of reaction will there be on here if we lost the Semi final? It is all people keep defending martinez with it seems, winning the cup, win the cup, if he wins the cup etc

Imagine if west ham or united beat us AGAIN this season? not even a final this season then.

net spend? How do you work that one out?

28 million- Lukaku
13 million-Niasse
13 million - McCarthy
9 Million - Mori
4 Million - Lennon
4 million - Deleufeu
5 million Kone

Ok compare that with , West Ham, Stoke, Southampton, is it comparable? Now compare it to Chelsea, Liverpool, United or City. I'm not having a go mate, and I know the point your making. But besides Leicester, who else with Everton's net spend has come close to breaking into the top 4. When you break it down, considering what other teams have spent in the last three years it's not a lot. And certainly no more then TV money could cover.

You wanna have a go at Martinez, fine, I'm with you. You want to know the root of the problem. Look at the board, it's not Moyes or Martinez that has caused the disharmony. Kings Dock, Destination Kirkby, remember that? Caused the biggest strife in our club in living memory. There's one man who's responsible for it. Send your grievances to him. And you know what, he's laughing, not just because of the price he got for his shares but because, he knows full well. Got you down to a tee. If we win the FA Cup come May, all this will be gone.

Whats DK and King's dock got to do with our rubbish home form or our awful defensive displays ?

the cup would be nice but after 3 years of Martinez common-sense says its time to move on as he is out of his depth

What sort of reaction will there be on here if we lost the Semi final? It is all people keep defending martinez with it seems, winning the cup, win the cup, if he wins the cup etc

Imagine if west ham or united beat us AGAIN this season? not even a final this season then.
Imagine we do win it. Imagine a bright sunny day, a fresh water stream. The birds are singing. You're young again. You're in love for the first time. The FA Cup by your side.
And.. back.

Ok compare that with , West Ham, Stoke, Southampton, is it comparable? Now compare it to Chelsea, Liverpool, United or City. I'm not having a go mate, and I know the point your making. But besides Leicester, who else with Everton's net spend has come close to breaking into the top 4. When you break it down, considering what other teams have spent in the last three years it's not a lot. And certainly no more then TV money could cover.
And how many outside the richest clubs even win a trophy?
I'm not sure what people want in terms of the top four. We could easily find everything goes for us one season and we make the champions league on a one off basis, but are we currently set up to ensure any long term benefit from it. I'd say we are closer now than we were under Moyes. Which isn't to discredit him at all. It was an excellent job done but we need to look like an attractive prospect in terms of playing style, infrastructure and ambition. Martinez has at least recognised this. Whether he'll deliver is open to debate.

And how many outside the richest clubs even win a trophy?
I'm not sure what people want in terms of the top four. We could easily find everything goes for us one season and we make the champions league on a one off basis, but are we currently set up to ensure any long term benefit from it. I'd say we are closer now than we were under Moyes. Which isn't to discredit him at all. It was an excellent job done but we need to look like an attractive prospect in terms of playing style, infrastructure and ambition. Martinez has at least recognised this. Whether he'll deliver is open to debate.
I reckon we might need a new thread to debate this....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back