Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous. Our manager has ben here three seasons, not 7.

Utterly hopeless.

True. But in 2 of those season he has shown a more Wiganesq approach to football/positions, than in the other 1.

Add in his actual Wigan league positions, and that is why I stand where I do.

Add in why that 1 season was so ace, and that is what terrifies me.

Cup would be ace mind

Moyes smashed the transfer record 4 times and he couldn't coach and play a decent attacker to save his life.

Let's not try and tell fairy stories about how Martinez has had it relatively better, given the huge amounts of cash ALL clubs now spend on fees.

Martinez is being judged with a criteria never deployed before: get CL footy or you're out....after three seasons...one of which had a final total that'd have got CL in most other seasons, btw.
You're gonna drive me to a heart attack Dave.

He is not on a CL or you're out deal from the fans. Not one bit, you frustrating catlemmon.

So Leicester havnt fluked their league position then?
...not at this stage they haven't no. We;ll see if they win it, but even now their CL spot is clearly earned. I conceded as much. Maybe others should acknowledge their error in seeing massive amounts of games and their outcomes as flukes?

• 72 points one season, finishing 5th.
  • 11th and lower league before and after it, with 2 good cup runs in 7-8 years.
There you go, easier to understand with bullet points?

No Dave, you have your big data set, you're looking at it as you want though, not logically.

38 games of football we were good in, over one season.
Out of a total of roughly 120, during which we were occasionally good, and mostly dire.
Or if you look at it by seasons - less than 50 points in all other season, and 72 in one isolated one, then continuing the trend of less and less points.

Fluke it is, and you're being obtuse or stubborn, or both.

Amazed you can't see how illogical your own statement is.

Ha Ha. Subdivide this season for me too then.

Incredible logic deployed here. It's like you dont even realise you're digging a huge hole for yourself.

Not sure what you mean mert, I have avatars turned off.

upload_2016-3-24_20-52-13.webp

Godspeed

@Elong just seen your vault. I don't think I am wrong entirely. Out of his signings, I think Lukaku came with an established reputation. I was talking international mind you. Who else did I miss out? I like Del Boy but he was a youngster at Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back