Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a lesser blue. Not because he's American but because he has absolutely hammered 38000 Evertonians on the regular, without murmuring a word about Martinez. To me that is way out of line. Like I say he has hammered 38000 Evertonians regularly so I hope I won't come under too much fire for criticising 1.

Agreed mate, think it is sad when people come on and insult other Evertonians without actually doing anything to support the club.

This is how Martinez el Fraudo has polarised the support and it is lamentable.

Moyes smashed the transfer record 4 times and he couldn't coach and play a decent attacker to save his life.

Let's not try and tell fairy stories about how Martinez has had it relatively better, given the huge amounts of cash ALL clubs now spend on fees.

Martinez is being judged with a criteria never deployed before: get CL footy or you're out....after three seasons...one of which had a final total that'd have got CL in most other seasons, btw.

Nobody is saying he had to get CL, just finish in the top half and not get beat every other week by no marks.

It seems from that we're supposed to see Baines as a defensive giant because in one season his tackling stats went from one every 55 minutes to one in every 48 minutes. And the passing stats in his own half: well not everyone had a player like Pienaar standing four yards from them all their career.

Look, the charge is quite simple and is NOT contradicted by those links: Baines' prowess has never been his defending, it's his attacking that gained him plaudits. I'm saying that now he doesn't even offer us an attacking game anymore. When is the last time he did any decent overlapping, swung in a cross or put i a set piece?

You're kidding yourself if you think that's still there. It isn't and his tracking back is completely hopeless now. He's not come back from injury the same player and he's had ages to put his form right.

Dont get this Baines stuff mixed up with the Martinez debate. Take a different view on the manager than me? Fine. But dont let that get in the way of the blindingly obvious fact that Baines has stunk this season.

Again I ask: 'tell me I'm wrong'.

Which is what I said. But no stats back up your assertion that he was ever a poor defender.

So again I tell you you're wrong. You have no stats to back up what you said. Indeed, as proven by the Martinez "debate", any stat that doesn't support your original pig-headed stance simply isn't important to you.

They sold Valencia, then in following seasons sold N'Zogbia and Moses before going down without having replaced those players.
Sort of remember Arteta being sold to pacify the banks to avoid administration along with not having bought a first team player for ages and not dropping more than a spot or two. Not 6.

Agreed mate, think it is sad when people come on and insult other Evertonians without actually doing anything to support the club.

This is how Martinez el Fraudo has polarised the support and it is lamentable.
I think it's terrible how it's allowed to continue that Cheese has constantly criticised Evertonians more than the manager, yet I'm the one being pulled up on it for agreeing with another Evertonian for saying its a tad out of order.

He is a lesser blue. Not because he's American but because he has absolutely hammered 38000 Evertonians on the regular, without murmuring a word about Martinez. To me that is way out of line. Like I say he has hammered 38000 Evertonians regularly so I hope I won't come under too much fire for criticising 1.

LOL...yes I am a lesser Blue because I have taken a pop at our home support. Just LOL.

But the proof since, (and before, with hindsight) is a pretty solid body of work that cannot be explained away.

One season's worth of data versus two seasons. I dont think anyone could make a case for a clear trend from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back