Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we defining Martinez' "achievements" in terms of Moyes?

Martinez must be compared to his fellow premier league managers, his peer group, and based on the last two years he is showing to be lacking, and not capable of competing for CL places.

Undeniable.

Lads on here were accused of knee jerking when predicting the doom to come as early as the Watford home game.
It now stands as one of our better home results. The shame.
(And the knee jerkers were right)
Our league table placing is the only important indicator of performance.

Why are we defining Martinez' "achievements" in terms of Moyes?

Martinez must be compared to his fellow premier league managers, his peer group, and based on the last two years he is showing to be lacking, and not capable of competing for CL places.

Undeniable.

Why such a short leash? You wanted him out after last season. I just don't get the lack of patience.

I expressed my doubts about him at the end of last season and said I was prepared to give him more time. Well, 10 months on the situation has deteriorated not improved, hence my stance.

Disagree to an extent. Our attacking has been much improved year on year. I get the defence has been awful though. I guess patience is not useful in the instant gratification days we live in now.

I expressed my doubts about him at the end of last season and said I was prepared to give him more time. Well, 10 months on the situation has deteriorated not improved, hence my stance.
Would you not admit that he had improved us offensively since last season?

Why, with priorities now clearly in the GK and defence department, would you not back him to now improve and thus complete the final part of his rebuilding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back