Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your laughter is hysterical nervous energy mate.

Step away from the keyboard. Roberto's got this.

The only thing Roberto has got is the wool pulled over a small number of peoples eyes who cant see what a terrible manager he is.!!!

Come on, week after week we are getting worse and worse, easier and easier to play against, making more and more mistakes. He hasn't got a clue how to send a side out to take the field in a professional manner, he must be made up the ref's have made a few blunders recently to deflect attention away from what he is doing.

To see us decline as rapidly as we are is horrible, no wonder Goodison is like a powder keg ready to explode, the only way we are going to put an end to this is too sack him. We can't even throw money at it now, not because we can't afford to because we can, we can't because we still wont have any kind of managerial leadership or organisation.

Can't be bothered reading another 40 pages of the same stuff but for me he has until the end of the season. Then we can assess and if it's not up to standard get rid and give the new man a preseason and summer to sort his team out. Not a big fan of midseason upheaval.
Where we're at currently under him isn't acceptable. We might be pretty good going forward, and he's been nifty in the transfer market but that is countered by conceding far too many goals and not getting results.
Either a cup and top 10/ Top 8 no cup or he goes. Even still that only should only stay the boards hand, he was brought in because they thought we could compete for European football under him and that would need to be evident in the following season.
I've seen people suggest Eddie Howe, not for me. If we are to replace him I'd like to see someone experienced come in, don't need to gamble on a young up and coming manager. We have a better chance of keeping our best players if we get in an experienced winning manager they respect.

With the league as open as it is there's no reason why we shouldn't be outsiders for the title nevermind the top 4.12th place and back to back mid table seasons is just not good enough considering the players we have at our disposal.For me Martinez has to win the FA cup or get us top 6 to salvage himself and the season.Although i say that im not sure that Kenwright and crew could attract a Frank De Boer type manager to the club.In fact the board probably have no intrest in trying to get in such a manager in the first place.Sure were just happy enough with staying in the premiership.Apparently it's self entitlement to demand things like trophies and european qualification.

Last edited:
Your laughter is hysterical nervous energy mate.

Step away from the keyboard. Roberto's got this.

It's reply like this why you have no credibility mate. On realising that you've lost the argument you refer to ridiculous statements like above, even having a slight dig.

You'd gain some dignity if you could actually debate the issue instead of forcing your opinion on others.

But crack on mate, have a coke and a smile

I can see things getting toxic at the Newcastle match.

If the team don't start well the fans will turn very quickly

You won't even have to wait until the game starts.

The mood will already be toxic if Roberto refuses to fix the most obvious flaw in the team right now.....the goalkeeper.

I think almost 100% of fans now want Joel promoted to number one until at least the end of the season.

Sorry to say this but Timmy's inclusion now just depresses most everyone.

You won't even have to wait until the game starts.

The mood will already be toxic if Roberto refuses to fix the most obvious flaw in the team right now.....the goalkeeper.

I think almost 100% of fans now want Joel promoted to number one until at least the end of the season.

Sorry to say this but Timmy's inclusion now just depresses most everyone.
If he picks Howard for that game, the fume levels will be off the scale.

It would be viewed as being both a clueless decision and one that was made either out of stubbornness or weakness.

I pray he doesn't make that call.

I have backed Roberto all the way, we play some absolutely amazing football at times and have shown we have the ability to beat any team in that league. he really does need to learn from mistakes though. Stones is having an abysmal run of form so should be dropped. I truly think that dropping him would make us more solid at the back. maybe he would look better as a defensive midfielder.
I firmly believe we are so close to being a fantastic football team. getting rid of him now would be madness but he really does have to get the balance right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back