Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, two bottom half finishes haven't happened yet. How about putting the fire in your hair out and stop making a divvy of yourself?
Did I say they had?

However, do you accept that if we finish bottom half for the second successive season he's massively under achieved and his performance would therefore be worthy of the boot? Simple question.....

Divvy? Oh dear.

I'm not talking about the semantics of it. Those examples happened when there was a will on both sides to call it a day. I don't see us in that place at all.

New ownership might change the equation. As we stand there'll be no action, IMO.

The easiest thing to do at times like these (as with last winter) is to go along with collective social media driven hysteria over a question that isn't on the radar of decision makers.

Things can change, but that's where I see us right now.

Pulis didn't want to leave
Allardyce said he was going to leave anyway, but I'm not convinced that's true.

Oh David, how wrong can one man be. I'm debating if you even watch Everton to pin the entire blame on Howard.

As witnessed last night, with robles in goal, the same issues are there which are putting unnecessary pressure on the back four, I'll lay them out for you:
- Lack of pressing; we are not pressing enough and the opponents are having far to much time to dictate play. Swansea home perfect example
- allowing crosses, again opponents are having far to much freedom to whip cross after cross into our box; it's a matter of percentages before one strikes home
- over playing the ball; again a favourite of our boss, possession at all costs. Now you put this problem down to individual errors, NOPE, the issue comes from instructions from the boss. Putting players in compromising positions all for the glorious possession
- no structure or bite in midfield; how easy is for opponents to run through us. Wide open and constantly backing off, deep deep deeper till they're sitting on our back four, it's causing chaos for everyone and allowing us to be over run or open to shots from outside the box.

Pin it on Howard mate, it's a get out for you. Just like the distin shouts last year
You haven't got a clue mate. What a good GK does is give his defenders the confidence to press higher up the pitch and not leave them with the belief they can't trust him and so drop off opponents. That then has a ripple effect further up the field.

If you don't think a Butland in the nets instead of Howard would make a difference to us you need to give your head a wobble.

You haven't got a clue mate. What a good GK does is give his defenders the confidence to press higher up the pitch and not leave them with the belief they can't trust him and so drop off opponents. That then has a ripple effect further up the field.

If you don't think a Butland in the nets instead of Howard would make a difference to us you need to give your head a wobble.

Hahaha behave, yes defence would drop a bit deeper but if you actually think that the goalkeeper is stopping our front 3 or midfield from pressing when the ball is in the middle of the pitch or in the opponents final third is an absolutely embarrassing statement.

It's called tactics mate, instructions from the manager

I'm still in shock at the statement, remarkable, truly remarkable. Shows your understanding of the game. And it is you that needs to wobble that noggin'

Did I say they had?

However, do you accept that if we finish bottom half for the second successive season he's massively under achieved and his performance would therefore be worthy of the boot? Simple question.....

Divvy? Oh dear.
No. I said at the start of the season he'd have a good season if we got good cup runs and hit 60 points, because this is a season where he's building a way of playing with a young squad. The cup runs are there, the points total is looking like it won't be met. But it doesn't go from failing to have a good season straight to a rubbish season because of that overarching point concerning the rebuilding process.

Bottom line is that no one on these forums has any effect on anything, and the likelihood of Martinez leaving is still slim.

Im sorry if that frustrates you and others, but the displaced anger onto me is a bit pathetic. I'm just presenting you with the reality.

Hahaha behave, yes defence would drop a bit deeper but if you actually think that the goalkeeper is stopping our front 3 or midfield from pressing when the ball is in the middle of the pitch or in the opponents final third is an absolutely embarrassing statement.

It's called tactics mate, instructions from the manager

I'm still in shock at the statement, remarkable, truly remarkable. Shows your understanding of the game. And it is you that needs to wobble that noggin'
Would the pressing be the sort of game we played against City at home in the first leg? Is that the sort of tactics Martinez doesn't employ because he can't do it?

I see.

It'd be nice if you put your thinking cap on every now and then.

No. I said at the start of the season he'd have a good season if we got good cup runs and hit 60 points, because this is a season where he's building a way of playing with a young squad. The cup runs are there, the points total is looking like it won't be met. But it doesn't go from failing to have a good season straight to a rubbish season because of that overarching point concerning the rebuilding process.

Bottom line is that no one on these forums has any effect on anything, and the likelihood of Martinez leaving is still slim.

Im sorry if that frustrates you and others, but the displaced anger onto me is a big pathetic. I'm just presenting you with the reality.
Building a way of playing with youngsters? lol

What apologist crap, he's got the same set of players as last season, when he delivered the square root of jack.

He's not going to get within a country mile of 60 points either, so therefore he's fallen well short of the points target you had for him yourself.

Your last 2 sentences are just the stuff of meltdown.

Last edited:

Would the pressing be the sort of game we played against City at home in the first leg? Is that the sort of tactics Martinez doesn't employ because he can't do it?

I see.

It'd be nice if you put your thinking cap on every now and then.

Haha you're getting worse with each passing day. Thanks for pointing out the one game, you've blown my entire argument apart. It's obviously Howard fault.

See that tactic was employed perfectly against Swansea, oh wait

Still in laughing at your other statement. Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back