Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Carlisle and Newcastle and this all goes back in the box.

I love the forums, but the amount of utter horse manure that gets posted about this manager being on the brink is laughable. He's been on the brink for over 12 months. He's still here, and we'll crack on to that top half of the table nothingness that we reached under Moyes, and that'll be it. Done and dusted for another season. Are some really expecting May to arrive and then, on the basis of the above, sweeping managerial changes are made? Why? Because the fan base are split on the issue? Pfffft!

No club in our financial circumstances are sacking managers who get midtable.
Two consecutive bottom half finishes would constitute failure and he'll he fully deserving of the boot.

Not arsed whether you choose to acknowledge that simple fact or not, as you're more interested in protecting your internet position on the issue than what's best for EFC.

Two consecutive bottom half finishes would constitute failure and he'll he fully deserving of the boot.

Not arsed whether you choose to acknowledge that simple fact or not, as you're more interested in protecting your internet position on the issue than what's best for EFC.
I think dave's point is unless we get different owners Martinez will stay as this board won't sack him with multiple years left on his deal.

Serious question. What do you see that I don't?

Whilst I see what he offers attacking wise he has never proved (to me) that he can set up a defence. Its so frustrating as we had a glimpse of what a team with his attacking and a Moyes type defence in his first season. I just can't see that happening again without serious help from a Moyes type (not him) assistant but he just won't budge on his principals.
He's made the wrong choice of GK for a start. He's nailed his colours to the mast on Howard and it's a defence that takes no confidence from him. That's the key to the problem and the solution to it.

The points he's lost on his own through daft mistakes has us where we are out if the top half.

People are running round with their hair in fire, but it really is that simple. That's the change that can make a big difference.

Beat Carlisle and Newcastle and this all goes back in the box.

I love the forums, but the amount of utter horse manure that gets posted about this manager being on the brink is laughable. He's been on the brink for over 12 months. He's still here, and we'll crack on to that top half of the table nothingness that we reached under Moyes, and that'll be it. Done and dusted for another season. Are some really expecting May to arrive and then, on the basis of the above, sweeping managerial changes are made? Why? Because the fan base are split on the issue? Pfffft!

No club in our financial circumstances are sacking managers who get midtable.

You've gone from "Martinez is the right man, we're building something special" to "there's eff all you can do about it, he's here, the board aren't sacking so just put up".

You're very close to cracking, Dave. Just a little longer. Perhaps if we lose to Carlisle?

I think dave's point is unless we get different owners Martinez will stay as this board won't sack him with multiple years left on his deal.
Only he never mentioned new owners and he has no idea as to the contract clauses in Martinez current deal.

There could well be performance clauses, that if they're not reached then the option of a fixed severance payment are triggered as opposed to having to pay up the full remaining length of the contract, which are common place btw.

Not only that. He shouldn't be sacked. He's building a squad here and has the correct way if playing - attacking football.The man has the right to see this contract through and complete what his vision is. That's what the board signed up for till 2019.

You've gone from "Martinez is the right man, we're building something special" to "there's eff all you can do about it, he's here, the board aren't sacking so just put up".

You're very close to cracking, Dave. Just a little longer. Perhaps if we lose to Carlisle?
Eh?

Not only that. He shouldn't be sacked. He's building a squad here and has the correct way if playing - attacking football.The man has the right to see this contract through and complete what his vision is. That's what the board signed up for till 2019.
Only it's become increasingly apparent that his attacking football leaves us as porous as a sponge.

We'd need Billy the Fish in between the sticks for his philosophy to bear fruit on a consistent basis.

Still do believe he is our best chance to build something special. While some results have been awful, we beat city at home and drew away ,very nearly beat Chelsea away and got to a semi final and where still ahead of City after one and a half games. Also possibly some of the most exciting games I have seen in years.

Look, two bottom half finishes haven't happened yet. How about putting the fire in your hair out and stop making a divvy of yourself?

He's made the wrong choice of GK for a start. He's nailed his colours to the mast on Howard and it's a defence that takes no confidence from him. That's the key to the problem and the solution to it.

The points he's lost on his own through daft mistakes has us where we are out if the top half.

People are running round with their hair in fire, but it really is that simple. That's the change that can make a big difference.

Oh David, how wrong can one man be. I'm debating if you even watch Everton to pin the entire blame on Howard.

As witnessed last night, with robles in goal, the same issues are there which are putting unnecessary pressure on the back four, I'll lay them out for you:
- Lack of pressing; we are not pressing enough and the opponents are having far to much time to dictate play. Swansea home perfect example
- allowing crosses, again opponents are having far to much freedom to whip cross after cross into our box; it's a matter of percentages before one strikes home
- over playing the ball; again a favourite of our boss, possession at all costs. Now you put this problem down to individual errors, NOPE, the issue comes from instructions from the boss. Putting players in compromising positions all for the glorious possession
- no structure or bite in midfield; how easy is for opponents to run through us. Wide open and constantly backing off, deep deep deeper till they're sitting on our back four, it's causing chaos for everyone and allowing us to be over run or open to shots from outside the box.

Pin it on Howard mate, it's a get out for you. Just like the distin shouts last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back