Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with every word you've said there mate. I think last night was the tipping point for many including me. Our most important game since Kiev away last year and he managed to do the same all over again to a certain extent. Heaven help us if we go out on Sunday. If that happens his position would become completely untenable and I think he'd have to walk away. Better to walk away than be sacked. It would just be a question then, of playing out the rest of the season, when hopefully the ownership issues and a new manager would've been sorted.
The money involved means very few managers walk away,and the fact that alleged takeovers are in the offing means it's doubtful he'll be sacked.......not good for the balance sheet.

Martinez has managed to suck out what enthusiasm that was left for the remaining season. Just treading water until the end of the season. A run in the fa cup may take some slack off him but he is still part of the problem not the solution. He needs to change and stop doing peoples heads in with bull press conferences.

Always think with these polls it's best to give them a few days after the result until people are thinking a little more reasonably.

A lot of upset Evertonians out there today, if someone offered me a magic wand to fix it all id happily pay good money for it.

Continually changing managers is not that magic wand though.

Having the exact person you want available would be a help but we're seemingly about to change ownership so who would do the appointing?

Putting an interim manager in place now until the end of the season will very likely make us even worse and open a window for our best young players to angle their way out of the club in the process.

Cool heads needed.

I voted him out (because I'm a bad Geordie) but realistically I know that it'll be the summer at the earliest.

If there's a huge upturn in form then I'm open to him sticking around but it all depends on what the next 4 months brings us.

I voted him out (because I'm a bad Geordie) but realistically I know that it'll be the summer at the earliest.

If there's a huge upturn in form then I'm open to him sticking around but it all depends on what the next 4 months brings us.
Taking a step back I think he's probably done for anyway as there is a large swell in the fanbase that don't want him there (for right or wrong).

Even if he does pull out of this I think every time he goes through a dip there just isn't the goodwill there - like there was with Moyes and his crap first half of seasons - that will pull him through it.

Suppose we will see.

This. I can't remember individual moments and I'm not gonna go back and check but I do recall us very often getting the rub of the green in the first season under Martinez and then a lot of the time since then it seems whatever can go wrong, does.

Stay or go? God knows. Stay - but get someone in with a bit more tactical nous as a Number 2. Or if his current No2 has that nous then listen to him. Not sure if it's a lack of will to change his philosophy or a lack of ability to suss out another way.

I reckon he'd be a decent Director of Football though.

Yeah transfer activity ok apart from alcaraz.

Taking a step back I think he's probably done for anyway as there is a large swell in the fanbase that don't want him there (for right or wrong).

Even if he does pull out of this I think every time he goes through a dip there just isn't the goodwill there - like there was with Moyes and his crap first half of seasons - that will pull him through it.

Suppose we will see.

The remedy of course is for him to actually start winning a few games, the next 2 in particular, that would ease the pressure until the end of the season.

We are all fickle as fans and a good run of wins would see many change their minds pretty quickly, me included and buy him some more time.

He is coming across a bit nuttier than Chinese chicken with cashews at present though.

The remedy of course is for him to actually start winning a few games, the next 2 in particular, that would ease the pressure until the end of the season.

We are all fickle as fans and a good run of wins would see many change their minds pretty quickly, me included and buy him some more time.

He is coming across a bit nuttier than Chinese chicken with cashews at present though.
Id like to see more than a couple of wins in the remainder of the season to demonstrate this is heading somewhere mate.

Id like to see more than a couple of wins in the remainder of the season to demonstrate this is heading somewhere mate.

Yes I did mean those as a starting point, as they might breed a bit of confidence back. But as highly unlikely as it seems now, this side he put together is still capable of good things if managed correctly.

Basic errors. The lack of killer instinct. You said it yourself, boss players, great togger, that's all Martinez. Individual lapses are costing us time and time again, the kind of stuff it's difficult to account for.

Unfortunately mate you're wrong. Have a look how we stand off players and invite pressure; oh and also over playing causes individual errors that's costing, something he encourages.

He's took us backwards, results and statistics are the proof, what you want to believe is something else. Better squad worst results....its magic

That is the problem though. At Wigan he always finished strongly and people were sucked in again thinking he had turned the corner. He would then revert back to type. It's as if he abandons his principals later on to get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back