Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Martinez, young players know they will get game time if they are good enough. Results have been bad. He needs help with defensive organisation. Jagielka's return will make a difference.

Got to say I am shocked that Coco turned out to be dud. Thought we were getting there first season. But the Palace game where McCarthy was randomly dropped for Osman was a first sign of mental issues.

For the first time I have swayed to sacking Martinez. A strange calm has washed over me as I know Everton will go on a run soon to make me look silly but in the end we still will finish about 9th or 8th lose another semi/quarter final, it won't make a difference in the end but we be getting our hopes up for next season by finishing strong and wandering 'what could have been'. Giving Martinez one more chance. I just scored some D5 from my junky nieghbour so I'm comfortable numb about the situation. Go Toffees.

[edit] Wait that would explain the strange calm.

Beat Carlisle and Newcastle and this all goes back in the box.

I love the forums, but the amount of utter horse manure that gets posted about this manager being on the brink is laughable. He's been on the brink for over 12 months. He's still here, and we'll crack on to that top half of the table nothingness that we reached under Moyes, and that'll be it. Done and dusted for another season. Are some really expecting May to arrive and then, on the basis of the above, sweeping managerial changes are made? Why? Because the fan base are split on the issue? Pfffft!

No club in our financial circumstances are sacking managers who get midtable.

If you think we are going to finish in a typical Moyes top end finish you're sadly mistaking. Them days are gone.

The easiest thing to do at times like these (as with last winter) is to go along with collective social media driven hysteria over a question that isn't on the radar of decision makers..

You have zero knowledge on anything inside the club or what "the decision makers" think about the current state of affairs.

Why do you post these things as though you are an ITK on the subject? You have no knowledge whatsoever on what is on the radar of the decision makers. You know nothing, admit it, it's all Dave hysterical white noise as you have nothing left to go on due to your lack of intelligent open mindness on the subject.

Some of us were willing to give him a chance.....still are if results pick up. Whereas you, well you are just flouncing around making stuff up that you don't know as fact and incredibly trying to make fun of others for doing exactly the same.

I think dave's point is unless we get different owners Martinez will stay as this board won't sack him with multiple years left on his deal.

Whereas his point used to be about what a good manager he was and he would get us to Wembley, how we were progressing, how we would get 60 points, blah blah blah........and as each one of these fades a little more by the day, all he is actually doing is moving the goalposts to keep disagreeing with people.

It's at times like these that you wish @Adversus was still with us

AmrishPuri.jpg

Building a way of playing with youngsters? lol

What apologist crap, he's got the same set of players as last season, when he delivered the square root of jack.

He's not going to get within a country mile of 60 points either, so therefore he's fallen well short of the points target you had for him yourself.

Your last 2 sentences are just the stuff of meltdown.

Meltdown? You need to self apply that - you and your fellow plotters are heading straight to Ashworth if you're going to keep this level of frustrated fume up any longer.

Martinez will be still be here when you're slopping out with the rest of the inmates.

Haha you're getting worse with each passing day. Thanks for pointing out the one game, you've blown my entire argument apart. It's obviously Howard fault.

See that tactic was employed perfectly against Swansea, oh wait

Still in laughing at your other statement. Hilarious
Your laughter is hysterical nervous energy mate.

Step away from the keyboard. Roberto's got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back