Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the current league position isn't good enough but I say stick with him,it reminds me a lot of HK first time around,something just needs to click,be it a Kevin Brock moment or something in Bobbys head,theres not been many matches were we have been played off the park so I say stick

I said at the end of last season I'd give him until Christmas. In terms of performances, we're much improved on last season and our cup results obviously better.

League results are a different matter. They're not good enough at the minute, but I've been saying I feel like we're close to getting it right. The Swansea and Wednesdays result have obviously soured a lot of peoples view but I still believe we're not far off. Let's see if he can get it to click between now and the end of the season.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't. Would say don't sack him and shake the team up mid season, but it's not like we're getting results anyway.

Could get rid, but is there a viable replacement and if so we aren't they already employed?

Massively sick of the team throwing points and games away, you can blame the players for odd games but it's the manager who has the responsibility to get them winning across the course of a season.

I would personally like us to look for a viable replacement if we don't get to Wembley in the FA Cup or finish 6th or above.

I can see things getting toxic at the Newcastle match.

If the team don't start well the fans will turn very quickly
fawlty%20basil%20manuel.jpg

I can see this happening at Carlisle.

I think @Khalekan is absolutely right when he says the atmosphere in the ground will be so much more positive if Joel is starting. The fans will actually be able to see that the manager acknowledges our problems, and is trying to fix them. A lot of people have lost faith in him because they feel he's too stubborn or weak-willed to make changes and risk upsetting certain squad members. If he's ruthless with Howard, people will start to believe in him again and that will spread around the ground.

What he has to do from that point, is stick to his guns and not cave in when Howard comes banging on his door at training the next day demanding to know why he's been dropped. He needs to show he can control the egos in the dressing room, show them who's boss. That's the sort of management we've wanted to see from him for ages.

Meltdown? You need to self apply that - you and your fellow plotters are heading straight to Ashworth if you're going to keep this level of frustrated fume up any longer.

Martinez will be still be here when you're slopping out with the rest of the inmates.

I want, whatever Davek is on lol

It's reply like this why you have no credibility mate. On realising that you've lost the argument you refer to ridiculous statements like above, even having a slight dig.

You'd gain some dignity if you could actually debate the issue instead of forcing your opinion on others.

But crack on mate, have a coke and a smile
He has become the forum joke mate and rightly so.
His mumblings are so funny

I have backed Roberto all the way, we play some absolutely amazing football at times and have shown we have the ability to beat any team in that league. he really does need to learn from mistakes though. Stones is having an abysmal run of form so should be dropped. I truly think that dropping him would make us more solid at the back. maybe he would look better as a defensive midfielder.
I firmly believe we are so close to being a fantastic football team. getting rid of him now would be madness but he really does have to get the balance right.

16 wins in 67 games wouldn't suggest we can beat any team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back