Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find alarming is how low our expectations have dropped for some where scraping a top 10 finish is seen as success. Putting it down to rebuilding doesn't wash. If he wants to build for the future then give him the U21's only and be done with it.

Only two thirds of the fans want the clown out i would have expected more at this time but at least the tide is turning
The two thirds can't be the ones turning up each week, as we seem to be selling out or nearly selling out

I think there is a big difference in frustration and people wanting him out
Even his most ardent supporters are frustrated, but generally I do believe most people feel if he put some of his stubbornness to one side we could have something special.

The two thirds can't be the ones turning up each week, as we seem to be selling out or nearly selling out

Even his most ardent supporters are frustrated, but generally I do believe most people feel if he put some of his stubbornness to one side we could have something special.
You may have a point but his stubbornness will be his undoing

"Partially down to this and partially down to that..."

Pffft!
Were Lukaku and Barry not instrumental? Did Deulofeu not have an impact?

Did United not have a horrific season, by their standards?

Did we not play better attacking football than we previously had under Moyes?

The simple fact is we benefitted from ALL of those things in combination. Take any one of those factors away and we wouldn't have had the same season.

The subsequent seasons however, have seen us tumble down the table for a variety of factors that ultimately are the manager's responsibility to address. And he hasn't addressed them well enough to get us above the likes of Watford, so we're stuck in mid-table obscurity, unable to beat Norwich, Palace, Bournemouth or Swansea, and not showing much in the way of change.

Tell me again about your theory that most Evertonians would have jumped at this opportunity, had it been presented to them when Moyes left.

Yeah, that's something we were discussing last night: how unrepresentative a poll carried out after a defeat to Swansea is right now. I think most feel that if the poll was reset over the past week the proportions would be in the opposite direction.

Would it not be every bit as unrepresentative? How is a win over Newcastle more relevant than a loss to Swansea?

I don't think fans are that fickle.
I mean beating an awful newcastle team won't have changed anybodys mind.
However a win today might help him

Beat me to it. A string of consecutive good results is what martinez needs to change people's minds. If he can beat Stoke today, then WBA, progress in the Cup by beating Bournemouth and then demolish a woeful Villa side, perhaps some will be swayed. Dropping points in those league fixtures, or getting bounced out of the Cup, would be more evidence to suggest that Martinez is not up to the job.

Whisper it, but maybe there are more than 40,000 Everton fans on the planet.

What I find alarming is how low our expectations have dropped for some where scraping a top 10 finish is seen as success. Putting it down to rebuilding doesn't wash. If he wants to build for the future then give him the U21's only and be done with it.
The scary thing is that this season isn't a rebuilding season by any measure of the phrase. We have established senior pros in every position.

In two years' time, when Howard, Hibbert, Jags, Baines, Barry, Osman, Pienaar and Kone have all finished playing, THEN we will have a rebuilding season (OK Hibbert has already effectively gone, but you get the idea). And that's presuming we manage to keep all our current younger players on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back