Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its based on a season.

Over the course of the season, it will change.
There's an initial poll on the back of a disappointing defeat and that is very difficult to turn in the opposite direction because most people have made a choice and won't be arsed changing it.

There's an initial poll on the back of a disappointing defeat and that is very difficult to turn in the opposite direction because most people have made a choice and won't be arsed changing it.

Poppycock, the 2 wins this week swung it more towards El Coco In, granted most people arent blinded by wins against League Two no marks and the worst team in the league, hence it stays at most wanting him to koff due to us sitting in 11th, I guess the people arent entertained by such a low placing.

So you know that two thirds of Evertonians want him out
No, quite the opposite. I'm saying NO-ONE knows for sure.

A strong majority on this forum doesn't tell us enough - us selling out one of the smaller stadiums in the Prem doesn't tell us enough either. For instance I want Martinez out, but I would still go to every home game if I lived close enough. Many of those at Goodison every week are apparently booing the players and causing us to lose games, according to the manager - so the fact we are selling out tells us something, but clearly not the whole picture.

Two wins won't change anything for me, and I don't understand why they would for anyone else. I don't kneejerk from result to result.

Wins when they actually mattered would have been nice. Until I see a run of 10-15 games of good form, which indicates he's turned the corner in terms of his ability to manage consistently, it's a definite out for me.

Two wins won't change anything for me, and I don't understand why they would for anyone else. I don't kneejerk from result to result.

Wins when they actually mattered would have been nice. Until I see a run of 10-15 games of good form, which indicates he's turned the corner in terms of his ability to manage consistently, it's a definite out for me.

I'd say for me it's not just the reaults. It's the performances, we seem to have corrected what most people could see was wrong and as a result we look like we could have 3 3-0 wins on the bounce. I suppose those who have changed their mind bought into Martinez in the first place. We want to see him succeed and we believe in the way he wants to do it. There's no rule telling you when you can and can't change your opinion. You're more then entitled to want more proof, I just think I can recognise a shift in the way we see games out and Martinez's decision to drop those that needed it

3 wins mert.

We're 7th. Between 6th and 8th come the end of the season is acceptable, and certainly not worthy of the sack.

This is why you don't sack managers half way through a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back