Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now, no one on here gives two ***** with what I DO post on here, never mind what I don't say.

I do hope you ask the opposite of other posters when we lose, or is it a 1-way street Martinez gets praised for victories and sine bugger else get criticised when we lose?
I think because you are so negative towards Martinez you would hope you would show a little appreciation when we do win.
In fairness when we get beat or draw most people discuss at length, hence why this thread goe into overload.

I give two ***** about your posts:)

I think because you are so negative towards Martinez you would hope you would show a little appreciation when we do win.
In fairness when we get beat or draw most people discuss at length, hence why this thread goe into overload.

I give two ***** about your posts:)
Dave doesn't. Consider him my polar opposite on this issue. He never criticises Martinez after a negative result, which is fair enough, but I'm not sure you would ask him to criticise after a bad result.

I don't feel the need to defend Martinez because I back him, and don't really care what anyone else thinks, but people who say there are better managers out there who could do a better job need to come up with names, and explain why those manager could do a better job, because they're the one's who want Martinez gone, not me. Also, I'm talking about managers who realistically would come to us.
and that is the part everybody forgets
Whoever we get is a gamble as the big names won't even think about the likes of Everton

Dave doesn't. Consider him my polar opposite on this issue. He never criticises Martinez after a negative result, which is fair enough, but I'm not sure you would ask him to criticise after a bad result.
I told him to stop making predictions, he is like a bad luck charm:)

Also he will come on and discuss, you just fell of the face of the planet

I told him to stop making predictions, he is like a bad luck charm:)

Also he will come on and discuss, you just fell of the face of the planet
Honestly I didn't at all. I don't know if a mod can prove that via some sort of activity stat. My alerts were going crazy last night and bar what I said to Banno it was all good natured, positive stuff.

Honestly I didn't at all. I don't know if a mod can prove that via some sort of activity stat. My alerts were going crazy last night and bar what I said to Banno it was all good natured, positive stuff.
My point was you are very negative in this thread, but you decided to keep a very low profile on this occasion.
I know you have been positive in other threads, but nothing in this thread.

I guess it proves your dislike for RM, which I have no real problem with but I was just hoping we would of seen something positive or even constructive from you.

Tell me if I am wrong but if we would of drawn or got beat, you would of been posting as soon as the final whistle went.
I apologise if I am wrong....

My point was you are very negative in this thread, but you decided to keep a very low profile on this occasion.
I know you have been positive in other threads, but nothing in this thread.

I guess it proves your dislike for RM, which I have no real problem with but I was just hoping we would of seen something positive or even constructive from you.

Tell me if I am wrong but if we would of drawn or got beat, you would of been posting as soon as the final whistle went.
I apologise if I am wrong....
I think my lack of posts after the Leicester defeat proves that. I was getting so repetitive I was boring the tits off myself never mind the GOTTERsphere. I said to prevenger about 10 days ago I was backing down from the constant arguments for a bit.

Like I said, you can't expect me to be praising him for 1 victory whilst I've been roundly criticised for pointing out that the past 18 months have not been good enough. I have always maintained we go on a run of wins or get 6 or 7 wins in 10 or so games then i have to back down as my annoyance is based form. Form is good I have no argument.

1 Win doesn't change to much.

I know it's a forum and everyone's entitled to an opinion but if people can only see negatives and are missing the unbelievably good work Bobby is doing there's little point trying to convince them.

I hope it's just a refusal to accept they're wrong after initially not wanting him and not more worryingly, them being thick as .........

It's quite clear there's a lot of good things currently happening at our club. If he can take us on from this point again, then anything is possible. He's certainly shown enough up to now to deserve time and support whilst he attempts to do so.

Positives:

Assembled an excellent squad of players with some fantastic young talent.
Playing attractive football.
League Cup Semi Final.

Negatives:

Yet to beat anyone in the top 10 this season.
Missed opportunities to climb the table.
Obvious defensive concerns that right now aren't being addressed.

So looking forward the season is entering a pivotal phase. We get positive results against Stoke and Spurs then that'll go a long way to cementing our place in the top half and really pushing for those European places. We fail to do so and we're likely to get cut adrift from that pack and serious questions about our ability to win football matches against good teams are there to be asked.

Do I think he's Martinez has done well this season on the field? Not particularly, I feel this team should have accumulated a lot more points by this stage than they currently have. Do I want him sacked? Of course not, there's still a huge opportunity for us to kick on and he deserves time to do that, especially considering he's the one who put the squad together.

I'm clear in my view that we can't squander this season hovering around these mid table places. The ambitions of the young players we have need to be matched that involves us climbing the table and putting pressure on the likes of Leicester, Watford, Liverpool and Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back