Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was you are very negative in this thread, but you decided to keep a very low profile on this occasion.
I know you have been positive in other threads, but nothing in this thread.

I guess it proves your dislike for RM, which I have no real problem with but I was just hoping we would of seen something positive or even constructive from you.

Tell me if I am wrong but if we would of drawn or got beat, you would of been posting as soon as the final whistle went.
I apologise if I am wrong....

This game to game vaulting is ridiculous. Martinez can't be a bad manager one minute then a looped Cleverley header later the best in the world. @ianefc 's consistent line has been that the form for the last 18months hasn't been good enough and that we can get more out of this squad. This was the line after Leicester (when there also wasn't much activity) and is the line now. Despite the win yesterday this remains the same and I am happy to restate my view on this as well. Consistency needs to improve. One header doesn't mean that I'm going to believe people telling me that this is the 1970s Brazil side, equally had it not gone in it wouldn't have made me demand Martinez's head on a plate. It is all about the season as a whole and what we need to achieve to keep the core of this group together and prevent a huge rebuilding job. Wins like yesterday go towards clawing back what I feel was a deficit due to underperformance in the first half of the season. Did the performance make me think that we did anything differently than the previous 17 games or the ones before that last season? No. Another day we could be 2 down to a terrible Newcastle side, but equally could have won handsomely v a good palace side. Which brings me back to my major gripe about this team that we are not good enough to move beyond relying on some good luck or bad luck. When you leave yourself open to chance you win some and you lose some which is why we're midtable.

This game to game vaulting is ridiculous. Martinez can't be a bad manager one minute then a looped Cleverley header later the best in the world. @ianefc 's consistent line has been that the form for the last 18months hasn't been good enough and that we can get more out of this squad. This was the line after Leicester (when there also wasn't much activity) and is the line now. Despite the win yesterday this remains the same and I am happy to restate my view on this as well. Consistency needs to improve. One header doesn't mean that I'm going to believe people telling me that this is the 1970s Brazil side, equally had it not gone in it wouldn't have made me demand Martinez's head on a plate. It is all about the season as a whole and what we need to achieve to keep the core of this group together and prevent a huge rebuilding job. Wins like yesterday go towards clawing back what I feel was a deficit due to underperformance in the first half of the season. Did the performance make me think that we did anything differently than the previous 17 games or the ones before that last season? No. Another day we could be 2 down to a terrible Newcastle side, but equally could have won handsomely v a good palace side. Which brings me back to my major gripe about this team that we are not good enough to move beyond relying on some good luck or bad luck. When you leave yourself open to chance you win some and you lose some which is why we're midtable.
Read my post - all I ask is consistency in posting after the game, not posting after a game can appear very negative and reinforces somebody's dislike, a little praise would of been constructive.
As for what you think I don't really care
You get back to hoping we get beat tomorrow

Martinez agrees with you, if his recent quote 'we need to improve our consistancy' is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back