Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 mid table plodders who have achieved the grand sum of nothing

The Watford manager has qualified for the Champions League three times.

Atletico Madrid qualified to play in the 2009/10 Champions League. Under Flores, they dropped into the Europa League where they beat Liverpool in the semifinals and Fulham in the final.

You're an embarrassment to this debate. Why would anyone hope we get beat? Find me one post of mine saying I want Everton to get beat. Embarassing.
There are a few of you who have an agenda against RM, it shows in your negative posts
Embarrassing I maybe,
But I would hate to have a small part of me wanting us to get beat just so it reinforces a belief that RM isn't the right man

Much rather be an embarrement than being bitter and twisted

You're an embarrassment to this debate. Why would anyone hope we get beat? Find me one post of mine saying I want Everton to get beat. Embarassing.

You asked for it:

I hope we lose every game from now until the end of the season and get relegated to justify my stance on the players and manager. In addition I only want us to get to the League Cup final so we can get beat by Liverpool.

There are a few of you who have an agenda against RM, it shows in your negative posts
Embarrassing I maybe,
But I would hate to have a small part of me wanting us to get beat just so it reinforces a belief that RM isn't the right man

Super fan alert.

Embarrassing I maybe,

We all want the blues to do well, nonsense talk of being happy when Everton have lost should be swerved.

Seriously?! Mind yourself. You sound like an enraged proselytizer whose views were just rejected. Also you're setting up straw men to knock them down. No one here believes we're a "1970s Brazil" type team but those who see a changing financial landscape in the league combined with some key injuries at key times are willing to give Roberto time enough to show he can bring us up the table. Of course the last 18 months hasn't been great but would you have asked for Moyes head after the 05/06 finish of 11th behind Wigan and Bolton? Obviously different scenarios but same idea. Previous season was amazing and the season after was disappointing, just give him til the end of the season before making some personal emotional reactionary assessment of his ability as I highly doubt you look at any statistics but the negatively skewed numbers.

Embarrassing I maybe,

It's as simple and horrific as that. ^^^

This is what I find utterly repulsive about their point of view. It's dishonest and it's a position that puts them in the camp of every single opponent we play. Unforgivable.

Seriously?! Mind yourself. You sound like an enraged proselytizer whose views were just rejected. Also you're setting up straw men to knock them down. No one here believes we're a "1970s Brazil" type team but those who see a changing financial landscape in the league combined with some key injuries at key times are willing to give Roberto time enough to show he can bring us up the table. Of course the last 18 months hasn't been great but would you have asked for Moyes head after the 05/06 finish of 11th behind Wigan and Bolton? Obviously different scenarios but same idea. Previous season was amazing and the season after was disappointing, just give him til the end of the season before making some personal emotional reactionary assessment of his ability as I highly doubt you look at any statistics but the negatively skewed numbers.

Please read my posting history before attributing views to me. Do not mistake my opposition to the views of certain posters on here with my views on Martinez. I have consistently said that the three season mark is a good time to judge a manager. If they can show they are making progress then they should be allowed to see it through. If there's none then it's worth a consideration of whether they are the best man for the job. Martinez at the end of the season will have had three seasons which is why I am hoping we can get some tangible success over the second half of the season. If midtable form continues for another 6 months id probably then question his suitability especially in light of a probable large scale squad overhaul in the summer.

It's as simple and horrific as that. ^^^

This is what I find utterly repulsive about their point of view. It's dishonest and it's a position that puts them in the camp of every single opponent we play. Unforgivable.

Baffling. Name me one poster who doesn't want Everton to win games. I have only ever wanted us to win more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back