Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
what might have been lost this weekend with the exciting finish to the game and the posting there after, was that for me the manager looked like he had started to address 2 of the problems that had hindered us for most of the season. Firstly our defensive marking was notably tighter and secondly our pressure on the ball was immense from the first whistle. The team gained praise from all corners for it's attacking football of the highest quality, but a lot of these moves where started by us forcing Newcastle into turning the ball over. Long may it continue.

There are a few of you who have an agenda against RM, it shows in your negative posts
Embarrassing I maybe,
But I would hate to have a small part of me wanting us to get beat just so it reinforces a belief that RM isn't the right man

Much rather be an embarrement than being bitter and twisted

It's as simple and horrific as that. ^^^

This is what I find utterly repulsive about their point of view. It's dishonest and it's a position that puts them in the camp of every single opponent we play. Unforgivable.

Please read my posting history before attributing views to me. Do not mistake my opposition to the views of certain posters on here with my views on Martinez. I have consistently said that the three season mark is a good time to judge a manager. If they can show they are making progress then they should be allowed to see it through. If there's none then it's worth a consideration of whether they are the best man for the job. Martinez at the end of the season will have had three seasons which is why I am hoping we can get some tangible success over the second half of the season. If midtable form continues for another 6 months id probably then question his suitability especially in light of a probable large scale squad overhaul in the summer.

Baffling. Name me one poster who doesn't want Everton to win games. I have only ever wanted us to win more games.

I can't believe you even qualified that with a response.

Some are obviously crestfallen after we get a decent result. There's no question about that. None.

Quit the arguments and blatant wind-ups about Blues not wanting us to win.
If you don't voluntarily quit, then it can be enforced.

what might have been lost this weekend with the exciting finish to the game and the posting there after, was that for me the manager looked like he had started to address 2 of the problems that had hindered us for most of the season. Firstly our defensive marking was notably tighter and secondly our pressure on the ball was immense from the first whistle. The team gained praise from all corners for it's attacking football of the highest quality, but a lot of these moves where started by us forcing Newcastle into turning the ball over. Long may it continue.

Defensive marking tighter?

That Mitrowhatever missed 2 utter sitters.

If I know the other one you're talking about Seamus nudged him out of the way and it glanced harmlessly wide. The one on 74 or whatever was pretty bad but most people out jump Baines.
If you look back on the play, Stones stepped right out of position to try and close a player down.
A more experienced CH would of held his position, This would of meant him being in position and comfortably dealing with the cross.
I am not having a go at Stones, but he is not the finished article as some believe. He is still young and is still learning and is a fantastic potential that will go on and reach great heights. At the moment we have 4 or 5 great potential players who are young and still learning, I for one love watching them.
We are a complete joy to watch, but we make mistakes.....hopefully this will improve

If you look back on the play, Stones stepped right out of position to try and close a player down.
A more experienced CH would of held his position, This would of meant him being in position and comfortably dealing with the cross.
I am not having a go at Stones, but he is not the finished article as some believe. He is still young and is still learning and is a fantastic potential that will go on and reach great heights. At the moment we have 4 or 5 great potential players who are young and still learning, I for one love watching them.
We are a complete joy to watch, but we make mistakes.....hopefully this will improve
Quite right. He gets caught out from time to time, and this could just be revisionist but I think it didn't happen as much partnering Jags. It'll be interesting to see if RFM can fully step up and make the other spot his own for years to come.

Funny doesn't feel like a win
Undeniably, a good performance and result are undermined by some. They give the feelbad factor to the forum. That's not to shut serious and sensible criticism down, btw. There's a time for that, but the aftermath of a good result is not that time. It brings a massive downer into the forum. I don't understand the thinking of that. It's unfathomable.

I am pleased to see Evertonians rejoice in an injury time win away from home by contributing 42 more pages of celebration about our Manager in this thread.
Undeniably, a good performance and result are undermined by some. They give the feelbad factor to the forum. That's not to shut serious and sensible criticism down, btw. There's a time for that, but the aftermath of a good result is not that time. It brings a massive downer into the forum. I don't understand the thinking of that. It's unfathomable.
It does appear that some people simply want to criticise. That's not to say they want Everton to lose or do badly, but some do seem to delight in pulling the fella to pieces.

I'm not his biggest fan at the moment but personally I'd find it difficult to justify sacking him presently.

Quite right. He gets caught out from time to time, and this could just be revisionist but I think it didn't happen as much partnering Jags. It'll be interesting to see if RFM can fully step up and make the other spot his own for years to come.
Jags has superb last ditch challenges in him, I guess he has made a few in helping Stones out.
As for RFM I think he has a great future, and we have Galloway and Browning also in the wings

I am pleased to see Evertonians rejoice in an injury time win away from home by contributing 42 more pages of celebration about our Manager in this thread.

75dafebd6aceab5b0164622f920a6a03.500x200x12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back