Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
When martinez first joined he said 'i believe a club can get champions league football without spending huge amounts of money but it takes longer'. It has been 2.5 seasons and anyone with a brain can see the squad is developing into a very good squad playing very good football. I agree that there are improvements needed and results could have been better but without massive injections of money, as martinez said 'it takes longer'.

We do have a good side 'on paper' and a great core. Now he has someting to build on.

We havent won the league for nearly 30 years, surely we can give him a few more years to try and make his plan work.

Then again we could just keep swapping managers for the nex 10 years.

I don't expect a slide like this though. Just hoping this club keep its 6th/7th place trophy with Euro and with a view of finishing higher in the league. Again some people may think 5th and 11th are the same but not for me.

I'm just disappointed that we say Bryam is coming, then Byram chooses the Cockneys as he's ambitious, then Bobby Brown Shoes says he doesn't want the kid anyway.

Ok, we lost out to the Cockneys, fair play to them, we can rough them up again in March. However, what kind of signal is Martinez sending out to the other starlets out there who might be weighing up their options in regards to summer moves ? That Everton is their second best choice, that's what. We need a manager who can attract, develop and retain Top Talent. Martinez is proven to be unable to do that.

the poster may have been banned but what actual evidence do we have he was a west ham fan, apart from his valid views towards martinez?

This was his point/view on Martinez. It's clearly not true, ergo, not valid.

the poster may have been banned but what actual evidence do we have he was a west ham fan, apart from his valid views towards martinez?
Just stop. You're giving us 'Plotters' a bad name.

He criticised Martinez for not bringing on youngsters.

Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu and Galloway all individually and collectively say HI.

Now stop making yourself look a tit and stick to the facts, this squad should of won more games. THAT'S the angle. Outside of that Martinez has done well. Unfortunately 'that' is a pretty big THAT.

If we don't win a cup, then anywhere under 4th is a pointless finish. Maybe 5th. If we finished 6th and won no trophies this season, it would be a failure as we would've accomplished nothing.
It would certainly be disappointing. Whether Martinez should be sacked if he doesn't get Europa league is probably a fair questiion although I would still give him more time.

But your original post was replacing Europa league with Champions league which personally didn't expect anyway which is why I said we had very different ideas on fairness.

why? he claims to be anti martinez - then attacks a guy who attacks martinez????

Martinez can't attract players???? lol

Who were you expecting him to sign? Messi? Ronaldo? Neymar? Yea bad bad poor player attracter is that Roberto lol

The fact you agreed with that point shows you are either a) on a massive windup b) completely clueless with regards to football c) both points a & b.

Ironic that you're back on here after a certain game at carrow road earlier on today......

You keep on saying it doesn't matter. Buuuuut if we werent so fn crap we would be right in the mess for the top 4.

I agree the cups are our aim and I want silverware but I dont get how you can be so blasé about our league form. Its now 2 seasons in a row where we have regressed.
It's not regression when you remain in the same level/category as we've been for a decade. We fall into the also ran clubs - clubs that cant get a CL place (even when we put in a bluistering 72 point season) but are also well safe from relegation. That's where we've been for years. We occupy that space.

Martinez can't attract players???? lol

Who were you expecting him to sign? Messi? Ronaldo? Neymar? Yea bad bad poor player attracter is that Roberto lol

The fact you agreed with that point shows you are either a) on a massive windup b) completely clueless with regards to football c) both points a & b.

Ironic that you're back on here after a certain game at carrow road earlier on today......
I've gone on record as saying he only seems to able to sign loanees and players he's worked with before. No one else wants to know about his 'phenomenonal' football.

I've gone on record as saying he only seems to able to sign loanees and players he's worked with before. No one else wants to know about his 'phenomenonal' football.

Before he first signed them, when had he worked with Lukaku, Del, Stones, Besi...

In fact, forget it, you're done

Stop saying the game doesn't matter. Absolutely ridiculous agenda driven rubbish. You know full well that it's important. I'm one of the vast majority of us who don't feel the need to hold extreme views one way or the other on our manager, and I expect a win. Roberto knows it's a game he's expected to win.

Of course we want to win (or draw ) on wednesday, but tomorrow is irrelevant to that. Your most important game is always your next one.
It's important, but nowhere near as important as getting to Wembley. You've got to be in it to win it.

It's not regression when you remain in the same level/category as we've been for a decade. We fall into the also ran clubs - clubs that cant get a CL place (even when we put in a bluistering 72 point season) but are also well safe from relegation. That's where we've been for years. We occupy that space.

Ridiculous, you're basically comparing our squad of players to that of Stoke, palace and Watford.

A team of this calibre should be pushing for Europe at a minimum as well as holding their own in the cups.

P.S. It is regression if the group of players you have your disposal is far greater than we've seen in a decade. But don't let the obvious get in your way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back