Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can get them, but have to be mindful of Wednesday.

It'd be unforgivable if that chance was scuppered by a self inflicted wound chasing the points tomorrow.

There'll be plenty of time to get points on the board after this SF and before any final we're involved in.
Total WUM...

I wouldn't say badly. Why 'badly'?
Cos we're in the bottom half and it doesn't look good for Martinez. And we've been drawing for too long now. And Swansea are kind of rubbish.

And I'm not going the match tomorrow - I was, but I've got a nasty chest infection and breathing hurts.

Lets get relegated the league cup final will soften the blow. And sod buying a season ticket. Everton's season now consists of a few games here and there in cup games. Aston villa got to the cup final last year. What are they doing now? We need to go into every match to win. But with our porous defence its problematic. I wonder what Roy Hodgson will do with three of our back four in the England squad. Sweating I guess. We cannot close games down and I doubt Martinez will learn. Hopefully he will change. I doubt it though

I dont see what the uproar is here at my suggestion we elevate cups over the PL. I dont think in this season (a levelling season like no other in living memory, where any Tom, D1ck or Harry club can beat just about any club traditionally seen as superior) we should place too much emphasis on the chase for a top 6 finish. It's just too congested. Fate has conspired to hand us a golden opportunity to cut through the traffic, get to Wembley and win a trophy and by-pass this mess.

I dont apologise for, qualify or moderate that AT ALL.

I just cant see how you would treat one game differently to another irrespective of cup or league. Yeh we're one game from a final. So what. Should every game be a final and play to win.

I just cant see how you would treat one game differently to another irrespective of cup or league. Yeh we're one game from a final. So what. Should every game be a final and play to win.
The games are right on top of each other. It's absolutely natural to look at both and ask what gets priority.

I suspect this point will only cut through if/when we get to the final whistle on Wednesday night and we find ourselves in a final for the first time in 7 years.

E
The games are right on top of each other. It's absolutely natural to look at both and ask what gets priority.

I suspect this point will only cut through if/when we get to the final whistle on Wednesday night and we find ourselves in a final for the first time in 7 years.
Winning is a habit Dave. We're playing Swansea at home. With our quality, we should be able to secure the points at home and have plenty in tank for Wednesday. Actually a draw with the home crowd frustrated and on the players back will put them in a poorer frame of mind for Wednesday. We need to be winning tomorrow.

We can get them, but have to be mindful of Wednesday.

It'd be unforgivable if that chance was scuppered by a self inflicted wound chasing the points tomorrow.

There'll be plenty of time to get points on the board after this SF and before any final we're involved in.
League Cup is done soon one way or another, right? So, REGARDLESS of what happens, you're fine waiting until after the League Cup for the team to get maximum points? So if we win or lose in the cup, will you be unhappy if we don't get any better in the league?

Two things

1. Sad to see the Plotters ripping themselves apart like paranoid savages. Which is the Judean Plotters Front now?
  2. Laughing at a West Ham fans having to sign up and pretend to be Evertonians. How did it feel to win a league title you insecure little bellwipe?
I miss your avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back