Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree mate. The team I suggested for tomorrow can beat Swansea AND rest up key players.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-v-swansea-24th-jan-at-1330.83403/page-6

I laugh at the hostility to my point of view here, because you can bet your bottom dollar that if we pick up a couple of injuries to key players tomorrow the same people criticising me for my view now will be in uproar slamming Martinez for putting those players at risk on the eve practically of the biggest game we've faced for 7 years.
I disagree with you Dave, but can see where you are coming from. My problem is if we rest players tomorrow and loose, then Rom gets injured in the city game and we lost that game also. we would struggle to pick up many points without him and Roberto would find himself under quite a bit of pressure, maybe not from the board but certainly from the fans

I disagree with you Dave, but can see where you are coming from. My problem is if we rest players tomorrow and loose, then Rom gets injured in the city game and we lost that game also. we would struggle to pick up many points without him and Roberto would find himself under quite a bit of pressure, maybe not from the board but certainly from the fans
It's inevitable he will be injured at some point in any case, we've lived a charmed existence so far on that score. But that's only really rectified by signing a convincing understudy to him this window. Such a player can freshen things up and give Lukaku a breather to rest up.

It's inevitable he will be injured at some point in any case, we've lived a charmed existence so far on that score. But that's only really rectified by signing a convincing understudy to him this window. Such a player can freshen things up and give Lukaku a breather to rest up.
Whoever he plays tomorrow and Wednesday, he is going to have to be very pro-active in both games in managing the squad and also the results

Whoever he plays tomorrow and Wednesday, he is going to have to be very pro-active in both games in managing the squad and also the results
Which is my point really. We know this team has trouble putting back to back results together. I think maybe two in three days is going to be a tall order. I'd rather we targeted that far more important cup game.

Which is my point really. We know this team has trouble putting back to back results together. I think maybe two in three days is going to be a tall order. I'd rather we targeted that far more important cup game.
Who would you play tomorrow. and don't say Swansea

I agree with you mate. Will be OK if Kone is upfront tomorrow and Lukaku rested up. He's the one we can't do without on Wednesday. We've enough in other positions not to worry about anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back