Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a win tomorrow, otherwise Martinez will have the best side since the 80's operating at the same level as West Brom.

Which is my point really. We know this team has trouble putting back to back results together. I think maybe two in three days is going to be a tall order. I'd rather we targeted that far more important cup game.
A cup run should not detriment our league position. In fact, it should be expected from this so called talented squad of players.

The league every time for me. It's proper money and hopefully gets us where we want to be. Micky mouse cups (for which I will be cheering) will be 10 a penny once we get where we need to be
The 1st trophey City won was the League Cup, attually winning it will be a huge move forward, changes the mentality of the entire team. Money doesn't buy you success, look at Utd they spent over 200mil and have won sod all in 3 years and don't look likely to for a few more

who are the "plotters" ? don't understand this division where did the term come from ?

It's anybody who doesn't agree with the inane dribblings of one or two posters who won't hear a bad word spoken about the manager, no matter how reasoned or balanced.

To make their lives easier and tar everybody with the same brush, they had to label everybody into one solid category so they could have a one size fits all for any serious issues raised.

If ŷou aren't happy with finishing or 11th or 12th, you are a plotter. If you question the managers gung-ho attitude to football, you are a plotter. If you mention how few games we have won in 18 months and don't keep referring to the dizzy heights of when we finished 5th (which was an amazing feat apparently, but where you finish in the league is not that important now for some reason) you are a plotter.

You get the drift? Glad to be of service ;)

A cup run should not detriment our league position. In fact, it should be expected from this so called talented squad of players.

Two good cup runs and midtable, or one good cup run and a 60 point total is what I'd describe as a good season while we're rebuilding.

We're still on track for that.

It'll surpass my expectations if we get a cup final/cup win plus midtable.

It's anybody who doesn't agree with the inane dribblings of one or two posters who won't hear a bad word spoken about the manager, no matter how reasoned or balanced.

To make their lives easier and tar everybody with the same brush, they had to label everybody into one solid category so they could have a one size fits all for any serious issues raised.

If ŷou aren't happy with finishing or 11th or 12th, you are a plotter. If you question the managers gung-ho attitude to football, you are a plotter. If you mention how few games we have won in 18 months and don't keep referring to the dizzy heights of when we finished 5th (which was an amazing feat apparently, but where you finish in the league is not that important now for some reason) you are a plotter.

Plotter

P.S. You don't have to be a plotter, there is a choice. You could be a Poodle instead

Guess that makes me a plotter then.
Sometimes it`s just nice to belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back